Technical Fiat bravo 21.4 t-jet 150 2007: Strange fan behavior with airco (climate control) on

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat bravo 21.4 t-jet 150 2007: Strange fan behavior with airco (climate control) on

FiatbravoAms

Good morning,

I have a 2007 Fiat Bravo 2, 1.4 T-jet 150 hp with 206,500 km on the odometer. For some time now, the cooling fan turns on immediately when I activate the air conditioning of the climate control system. Shortly after this, it moves to the second stage, then stops, and starts over again. I don't really notice much of this, the air conditioning still cools down normally, and it was refilled and checked last year.

While driving, the engine temperature is between 70 and 80 degrees, according to the OBD2 readings, and it doesn't seem to have any influence since this fan behavior also happens when the car has just been started. After turning off the air conditioning, the cooling fan immediately shuts off as well. Despite the fact that there are no error messages, the behavior of the fan doesn't seem normal to me. I've searched the internet but can't find anything about what could potentially be the cause.

Do you have any ideas what it could be?

Thanks in advance!

Back