General Fiat Bravo 2014 End Of The Line????

Currently reading:
General Fiat Bravo 2014 End Of The Line????

Might as well get this section off 2 a start by shamelessly plugging the FIAT Motor Club (GB)
Visit http://www.fiatmotorclubgb.com 4 more info.
The club organises events and participates in shows all over the UK including the Classic Car Show and the Auto Italia Trackfest day. This is on top of many local events and trips abroad. U get 12 magazines a year which feature many articles and contact details of dealers and parts suppliers as well as a classified ads section.
For an annual fee of £25 u get the magazines, a car sticker and joint membership 4 u & ur spouse/partner. Membership also gets u deals on parts and entry in2 certain events.
They cater 4 every single FIAT model made since Fabricca Italiana di Automobili Torino (FIAT) started in 1899 and there r experts 4 each model who regularly give advice and tips and welcome contact from fellow members.
All of this and discounted RAC membership and reduced insurance premiums mean that membership is a must 4 any FIAT nut.

Look 4ward 2 c'ing new members soon,

Rob.

Exactly suzi has had the same reaction then as "Bianco"his name,people walking round the car going "never seen this car before very stylish"

Fiat's Brother, the Lancia/Chrysler Delta was pulled from Chryslers UK website a couple of months ago, and now the Bravo can't be configured on the UK website. It's still on the Italian Fiat site, but I should imagine it'll be pulled soon.

The factory it's produced in, Cassino, which also builds the Lancia Delta & Alfa Giulietta, is to be used for one of the new generation of Alfa's, announced as going into production from mid 2015. If they're to start that process, they'll possibly be wanting to start shutting down the Delta & Bravo production lines now/soon, possibly taking advantage of the summer break in August to get some changes started. It would therefore be feasible that Bravo production ends now. It's had a decent run for what has only been a moderately selling model.

Fiat Groups latest plan does now include a Bravo replacement (see link to the brands pages below). It's rumoured to be a Dacia-rivalling group of models, which makes sense as part of the problem with the Bravo is that for a couple of grand more you could get a Giulietta, which made the Bravo largely redundant. A cheap group of Fiat family cars should distinguish the difference a Bravo replacement & the Giulietta.

http://www.fcagroup.com/investorday/Pages/Home.aspx

Honestly.... I bought my Bravo because it was cheap/ good value for money.

I got mine with 16k miles for £4,500... the equivalent Focus was £6,000+ ;)

I actually sat in a few Focus' when looking for a new car, and decided they were too common and depreciate heavily as there are so many of them.

Same went with the VAG group cars, tried a couple of Seat's but again, with prices floating around £7-8000 it didn't seem worth the cash.

An equivalent Golf, for £4,500 would probably get you something with 100k miles on lol.

I made my decision based on price, looks and "bang for buck" and I also made a concious decision to take a risk on reliability. In my head I figured I can afford to take a risk on the reliability because with 16k its barely ran in..

Unfortunately, due to Fiat's poor, and frankly undeserved reliability and quality reputation people just buy Golfs :p

Honestly.... I bought my Bravo because it was cheap/ good value for money.

I got mine with 16k miles for £4,500... the equivalent Focus was £6,000+ ;)

I actually sat in a few Focus' when looking for a new car, and decided they were too common and depreciate heavily as there are so many of them.

Same went with the VAG group cars, tried a couple of Seat's but again, with prices floating around £7-8000 it didn't seem worth the cash.

An equivalent Golf, for £4,500 would probably get you something with 100k miles on lol.

I made my decision based on price, looks and "bang for buck" and I also made a concious decision to take a risk on reliability. In my head I figured I can afford to take a risk on the reliability because with 16k its barely ran in..

Unfortunately, due to Fiat's poor, and frankly undeserved reliability and quality reputation people just buy Golfs :p

Didn't Marchionne say earlier that there WON'T be a bravo replacement, at least not a like for like one? I'm honestly not expecting anything much from FIAT. They keep acting like a small time company unfortunately. In a segment this competitive, it's not normal to keep one model for a whole 7 years, however good it was. The same story applies with the Punto and original 500 as well. They can't really blame anyone but themselves for their poor sales. They had a good lineup when these 3 cars were first released but didn't build on it.

In my country, for example, the bravo stopped being sold since 2012. Fiat's presence here has actually diminished so much that some people asked me whether they've pulled out of the market. Its a pity because their cars are actually pretty good, but it's not enough in my opinion.

I think the giulietta could be the next step up for someone who owns a Bravo. It has a better suspension, engine, and transmission, but its also more expensive so its not a direct replacement. I do hope they introduce a Bravo successor but I won't be holding my breath.

Fiat's Brother, the Lancia/Chrysler Delta was pulled from Chryslers UK website a couple of months ago, and now the Bravo can't be configured on the UK website. It's still on the Italian Fiat site, but I should imagine it'll be pulled soon.

The factory it's produced in, Cassino, which also builds the Lancia Delta & Alfa Giulietta, is to be used for one of the new generation of Alfa's, announced as going into production from mid 2015. If they're to start that process, they'll possibly be wanting to start shutting down the Delta & Bravo production lines now/soon, possibly taking advantage of the summer break in August to get some changes started. It would therefore be feasible that Bravo production ends now. It's had a decent run for what has only been a moderately selling model.

Fiat Groups latest plan does now include a Bravo replacement (see link to the brands pages below). It's rumoured to be a Dacia-rivalling group of models, which makes sense as part of the problem with the Bravo is that for a couple of grand more you could get a Giulietta, which made the Bravo largely redundant. A cheap group of Fiat family cars should distinguish the difference a Bravo replacement & the Giulietta.

http://www.fcagroup.com/investorday/Pages/Home.aspx

great stuff thanks for sharing, looks like an exciting future for Fiat!

I've just checked, and in Q1 of 2014, there was:

341 Renault 5 GT turbos licenced
142 Bravo Active Sports licenced

My Bravo is rarer than the 5 GT Turbo! :)

A contact within Fiat told me a while ago that the Bravo would not be replaced as they were dropping C sector cars to concentrate on building a cross over type vehicle instead.
I've got my tin hat on as I write this for the flak I'm about to receive but here goes..............I've had Fiats for the last 29 years starting with a 127 sport, moving on to a glorious 131 sport and Strada Abarth, Uno turbo ect.
I'm sad to say my current Bravo 150 T jet sport will be my last, in all those years Fiat just haven't got their act together in terms of build quality and reliability, frankly they have been left behind by all the mainstream manufactures.
Saying the cars have character just isn't good enough anymore, especially when your car at 33,000 miles has already had a rebuilt gearbox, 2 rear coil springs, 2 rear handbrake calipers, 1 rear door latch and a new fuse box.
I work as a service manager for a Ford main agent (and I'm an ex Fiat tech) and while I would rather push my Fiat than drive a Ford (with the exception of the fantastic Focus ST) you just would not get a Fiesta or Focus suffering such persistent problems, and if they did (such as Fiesta bonnet latches) Ford are quick to leap on the problem and modify the part, not as in Fiats case keep churning out the same old **** with a complete disregard for the consumer.
As an example of this the failed fuse box in my car is the same troublesome item fitted to the Stilo, Fiat know full well its a crap part but kept on fitting it regardless.

A contact within Fiat told me a while ago that the Bravo would not be replaced as they were dropping C sector cars to concentrate on building a cross over type vehicle instead.
I've got my tin hat on as I write this for the flak I'm about to receive but here goes..............I've had Fiats for the last 29 years starting with a 127 sport, moving on to a glorious 131 sport and Strada Abarth, Uno turbo ect.
I'm sad to say my current Bravo 150 T jet sport will be my last, in all those years Fiat just haven't got their act together in terms of build quality and reliability, frankly they have been left behind by all the mainstream manufactures.
Saying the cars have character just isn't good enough anymore, especially when your car at 33,000 miles has already had a rebuilt gearbox, 2 rear coil springs, 2 rear handbrake calipers, 1 rear door latch and a new fuse box.
I work as a service manager for a Ford main agent (and I'm an ex Fiat tech) and while I would rather push my Fiat than drive a Ford (with the exception of the fantastic Focus ST) you just would not get a Fiesta or Focus suffering such persistent problems, and if they did (such as Fiesta bonnet latches) Ford are quick to leap on the problem and modify the part, not as in Fiats case keep churning out the same old **** with a complete disregard for the consumer.
As an example of this the failed fuse box in my car is the same troublesome item fitted to the Stilo, Fiat know full well its a crap part but kept on fitting it regardless.

Also upon visiting my buddy at Fiat i asked again is there anything to replace bravo.he said nope the rumours are they will put focus onto the 500 family will see some new editions and a Nissan juke like one too,

Last edited:
It might be the end of the line, but let's celebrate the bravo. Here are some awesome pics I've found on the net.

Original prototype images

Early bravo, a lot more rounded. Glad it didn't end up looking like this though. A little bit too round and ugly

Some things that never happened:
Abarth/very sporty bravo designs

And an estate Bravo that I think looks very cool

And finally the plans for 2014/15 are a new crossover model. Whether this will be a bravo or a new model is unknown but basically this is rumoured to be the bravo replacement, and I actually really like it

It's definitely got some bravo features. The interior is nice

You mean they aren't going to be pushing another 500-alike as its replacement? :eek:

It's a shame that the Bravo never got the publicity it deserved, but that was all down to FIAT. I never did understand why they never did a limited run of the sporty prototype Bravo, not least just to get it a few pages in a magazine and drum up some sales.

However, after seven years on sale, it's not surprising that it has been retired, and says a lot for the level of the original design that it barely changed over the entire course (especially the rear). I do sometimes find myself missing the Bravo after two years, just not the driving position or gearbox.:slayer:

No one bought them because the engines are now too small and under powered also very expensive for what they are, if I had walked into fiat without my fiat group discount mine would of cost me £21500.
Awful to say I wouldn't own one without my discount :(

No one bought them because the engines are now too small and under powered also very expensive for what they are, if I had walked into fiat without my fiat group discount mine would of cost me £21500.
Awful to say I wouldn't own one without my discount :(

I hope I'm getting the wrong end of the stick here.

You honestly think the Bravo engines are too small and underpowered?

1.4 T-Jet 150 produces 10 bhp more than an Astra 1.8 VVTi ;) and exactly the same brake as an Alfa 156 2.0 T. Spark. Plus of course being turbo'd they can be remapped for even more fun.

Don't even get me started on the 2.0 M-Jet with 165 bhp standard! 200+ remapped...

The world is going smaller. Fiesta 1.0 ecoboost (y)

1.4 T-Jet 150 produces 10 bhp more than an Astra 1.8 VVTi ;) and exactly the same brake as an Alfa 156 2.0 T. Spark. Plus of course being turbo'd they can be remapped for even more fun.

Don't even get me started on the 2.0 M-Jet with 165 bhp standard! 200+ remapped...

That very same 1 litre engine is going in the new mondeo. A 1 litre engine powering a big saloon car sounds absolutely daft, except they've managed to push 125 BHP and 200Nm of torque out of it. And that will sell fine
http://www.ford.co.uk/FordFleet/NewsAndReviews/FordForBusiness/2012/September/Next-Generation-Mondeo
Don't use "small" engines as an excuse for poor sales. The sales were bad because fiat have a reputation and they just didn't advertise it well enough. I've never seen an advert for a Bravo, not even online. They didn't even advertise them on their own website homepage. It's value was fantastic as a new car. In fact early reviews say this. Put was also touted for it's safety as even the lowest spec car had Aircon and 6 airbags.

But alfa had 3.2 260bhp
Astra has the vxr, bravo has a 1.4 :(

You can't get 165t sport anymore just 1.6, see what I mean?
:(

Last edited:
But alfa had 3.2 260bhp
Astra has the vxr, bravo has a 1.4 :(

You can't get 165t sport anymore just 1.6, see what I mean?
:(
That's irrelevant to the original sales between 2007-2011 back then they had

1.4 petrol 90bhp
1.4 T-jet 120
1.4 T-jet 150
1.6 multijet 105 BHP (diesel)
1.6 multijet 120 BHP (diesel)
1.9 multijet 150 BHP (diesel)
2.0 multijet 165 BHP (diesel)

All of them running turbo except the 1.4 standard. All easily remapped for efficiency or more power. There are no small engines there except the 1.4. Even he 120 T-jet is quicker and more powerful that 1.6 astra's, Focus's and Meganes. And as they're turbos they can be driven at super efficiency or you can floor it and spool the turbo for brilliant performance. They also had over boost (sport) mode in the sport models.

Last edited:
That's irrelevant to the original sales between 2007-2011 back then they had

1.4 petrol 90bhp
1.4 T-jet 120
1.4 T-jet 150
1.6 multijet 105 BHP (diesel)
1.6 multijet 120 BHP (diesel)
1.9 multijet 150 BHP (diesel)
2.0 multijet 165 BHP (diesel)

All of them running turbo except the 1.4 standard. All easily remapped for efficiency or more power. There are no small engines there except the 1.4. Even he 120 T-jet is quicker and more powerful that 1.6 astra's, Focus's and Meganes. And as they're turbos they can be driven at super efficiency or you can floor it and spool the turbo for brilliant performance. They also had over boost (sport) mode in the sport models.

But nearly every manufacture's top model back then had 40+ bhp more than the top spec Bravo . .

Focus ST had 221bhp 0-60 in 6.6 seconds.
Renault Megane sport F1 was 228bhp 0-60 6.4seconds
Fastest Fiat bravo, 165t sport 165bhp 0-60 in 7.9
All from 2007

Back