Technical Fiat Brava 1.4 revs on its own !

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat Brava 1.4 revs on its own !

Bobgrm

Hello All,

I'm a newbie, and I have a 1998 Fiat Brava 1.4, with 60,000 miles on the clock. When both driving or idling, the engine sometimes goes to high revs for no apparent reason. Obviously, this can be a little daunting when you’re driving and the car suddenly accelerates for no reason. If I “blip” the throttle, the revs normally return to normal. After this happens the car is normally a bugger to start with a pronounced smell of petrol.

On the advice a Fiat mechanic, I've had the so called "stepper motor" replaced (it's a Bosch unit with a four flat pin connector) replaced, but to no effect.

Any thoughts or advice?

Thanks

Thanks , but I've already tried a full bottle of Holts and another injector cleaner, but no luck.

okei,,
my car rev'd on its own, and it worked for me,,, if it did not work,, i guess there's something wrong,,, not just dirt in the engine....(n)

Thanks Flamatron, When your car revved on its own, did it rev to high revs, and then was it difficult to start ?

Which injector cleanor did you use ?

yes, that's right.!
i cant remember the name of the injector cleaner, it was in a spraycan, and it was sprayed into the intake of the engine and the car held at a low rev at the time, and then let the car stay for the night, whith the "stuff" in the engine. then in the morning drive normally, and rev it up, once - twice when it is hot. That did it for me.

i had the same problem with my 1.4 but it was my accelerator peddle occasionaly got stuck to the floor lol while driving sprayed a bit of mechoil and lubrice on my trottle linkgages and its been alright since

Back