Technical Fiat brava 1.2 16v burnt oil smell

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat brava 1.2 16v burnt oil smell

randyandy1986

hi, got a problem with my car, i've got castrol magnitec oil in me brava very strong smelling, since i've put it in every time i hoof the car i sometimes get burnt oil smell from engine bay, really strong for a few second then disappears. i must admit i spillt a little and a tiny bit ran on to the exhaust manifold, i dnt lose much oil if any on dipstick readings i take every now and again. i only get the burning smell when i hoof it, never when i drive normal car drives fine other than that. passed it's mot in may with flying colours emmissions on par

no not as far as i am aware of, have still got tiny oil stain on the exhuast manifold off when i spillt oil couple month ago, only realy smells of burning oil when i hoof it on on the motorways

i think i've found what could be cause the promblem with the oil it seems my oil breather pipe has become lose hence whenever i race the engine the pipe lifts a little and then leaks a little oil. i'm constantly cleaning that part of the engine and thats where the stain on the manifold is approx located. is this possible and would it be ok for a jubalee clip to secure it down. i have enclosed some pics for your examination thanx andy

Attachments

• DSC00016.JPG
    DSC00016.JPG
    242.6 KB · Views: 66
  • DSC00017.JPG
    DSC00017.JPG
    863.6 KB · Views: 65
the original clip has been left unclipped. you can replace it with a jubilee clip, or you could get some pliers and reclip the original one.

do you think this could be the source of the smell just check the tube this morning it's solid wnt budge but the clip is loose, when the engine is warm/hot the tube moves all over must be expanding with the heat and theres a little pool of oil underneth it, i think the oil hitting the hot engine block and emitting a smell, is this possible?
i'm off to buy a new air filter and jubilee clib for it, air filter screws have seized 2 of them and i've been putting it off. thanx for the speedy reply

Last edited:
Back