Technical Fiat 500x is shaking

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat 500x is shaking

Girardi

Yesterday my Fiat 500x started shaking, but not all the time. Under 35 MPH it doesn't shake, bur once I hit around 35 mph it shakes only when my foot is on the gas pedal accelerating. Once I take foot off gas pedal, it's not really shaking, no matter how fast im going. Doesn't make sense, if I'm going 50 and foot is on gas, it shakes, but if I'm going 50 and foot is not on gas pedal then no shaking. And now today, I've been driving all day and now all of a sudden the words DRIVE MODE UNAVAILABLE popped up under messages on my dash and same time thar came across the dash, the check engine light also came on. Do all of these things have the same to do with each other? Or did 3 separate things just happen to my car all with in 24 hours? Anyone know what these issues can be?

In our 500X 1.4L, the shaking was due to perished engine & gearbox mounts. Replaced all 4 and now smooth. I found Febi Bilstein to be identical to originals.

Rest, hopefully someone will answer.

Hi I can’t get any in South Africa they say on back order from Italy shocking poor quality of mounts.. they start leaking at super low KM get rid of the Fiat that’s what I’m doing… new hater here sorry!!

Try ALVADI, FCP euro, AutoDoc, cars245 when buying aftermarket parts.

You don't need to buy original Fiat. Febi and Meyle ones I bought are the same as originals with MOPAR scratched out.

When not looked after, all cars are unreliable.

We've enjoyed our 500X for many years.

I’m thinking of selling my Fiat and rather getting a Honda CRV as in SA you can’t even get aftermarket parts for Fiats anymore so it’s my reality I’m sadly not in the UK to enjoy such a rich culture of Fiat!! All my cars are very well looked after but sadly still have gremlins

Back