General Fiat 500x Firefly 2021

Currently reading:
General Fiat 500x Firefly 2021

DH03

I’ve recently purchased my first Fiat. Not sure if this is a one off issue or if it’s a problem all Fiat owners have. I’ve connected my iPhone 7 which volume high to the car. If I get a call whilst the car is in motion it’s practically inaudible I can’t hear properly which it’s so annoying. My previous car which was a Kia had brilliant audio if anything it was too loud but it could be controlled with the volume.
I went back to the dealership with my Fiat and some adjustments were made but to be honest it hasn’t made any difference.
I’m now wondering if it’s my phone which is the issue or the car itself. Has anyone else experienced this issue? If so, is there a way to overcome this issue as I find it so annoying!

Are you aware that the Fiat head units support multiple volume levels? This may solve your problem.

example:

Radio playing and you adjust the volume to nice level.
Sat Nat wants to speak but is quiet so increase the volume while the Sat Nat is talking. Doing this will not affect the radio volume.
Same for my Blue Tooth Connected phone
Same for Traffic Alert and other items.

Basically you have to adjust the volume of each item whilst it is active. This setting will then "stick" for that item only.

Are you aware that the Fiat head units support multiple volume levels? This may solve your problem.

example:

Radio playing and you adjust the volume to nice level.
Sat Nat wants to speak but is quiet so increase the volume while the Sat Nat is talking. Doing this will not affect the radio volume.
Same for my Blue Tooth Connected phone
Same for Traffic Alert and other items.

Basically you have to adjust the volume of each item whilst it is active. This setting will then "stick" for that item only.
So I need to adjust volume on phone when I’m on a call? Just checking I have understood you correctly.

No you adjust the volume on the Fiat Radio/Head Unit whilst the phone is working through the head unit.
When you refer to the head unit what do you mean? Sorry only had the car 3 weeks and trying to get my head around everything

When you refer to the head unit what do you mean? Sorry only had the car 3 weeks and trying to get my head around everything
Hi, the 'head unit' is the radio/sat nav(if applicable) unit in the dash.
When you take a call, adjust the volume via the head unit/radio to the volume you need, it will then stay that way for the next call or until you adjust the volume again.

Hi, the 'head unit' is the radio/sat nav(if applicable) unit in the dash.
When you take a call, adjust the volume via the head unit/radio to the volume you need, it will then stay that way for the next call or until you adjust the volume again.
I’ve tried adjusting volume to maximum whilst I’m on call but it’s still hard to hear. I’ve been in touch with dealership now and they are going to get the technical department to call me and I may have to bring car in!
I hope they can sort it! If they say that’s as loud as it goes I shall not be happy!!

I’ve tried adjusting volume to maximum whilst I’m on call but it’s still hard to hear. I’ve been in touch with dealership now and they are going to get the technical department to call me and I may have to bring car in!
I hope they can sort it! If they say that’s as loud as it goes I shall not be happy!!
I had similar problems with my iPhone. You need to remember to put the volume up on the actual phone itself while on a call too. I have mine set to max and then I can adjust volume up or down through the steering wheel or head unit while on a call.

I had similar problems with my iPhone. You need to remember to put the volume up on the actual phone itself while on a call too. I have mine set to max and then I can adjust volume up or down through the steering wheel or head unit while on a call.
Interesting ..... I don't have an iPhone, just a stupid android one and as far as I can tell the phone volume does not also adjust the volume on car head unit. Seems like the blue tooth connection volume is set at a fixed level on the phone (probably a max level) leaving the driver to only play with the volume on the head unit.

I could be wrong as I rarely use the phone in the car as mine is for emergency use only.

Interesting ..... I don't have an iPhone, just a stupid android one and as far as I can tell the phone volume does not also adjust the volume on car head unit. Seems like the blue tooth connection volume is set at a fixed level on the phone (probably a max level) leaving the driver to only play with the volume on the head unit.

I could be wrong as I rarely use the phone in the car as mine is for emergency use only.
Should work same on android. I had a pixel 4a before my iPhone and I had volume issues with that too. Pushing volume up on the phone while on a call put it up to proper loudness.

Back