General Fiat 500x dolcevita launch edition question

Currently reading:
General Fiat 500x dolcevita launch edition question

Drpouritus

Hello,

I'm about to change my car (currently Citroën xsara Picasso 2003 got multiple issue with it and mostly rust that cost a ton to repair...), and I saw one I really like but it seems absolutely extremely rare.

Do you know what is the reason, and if there is a way to find how much has been built?

Here is the link of the car I found on internet (currently only 2 on all website I've seen, 1 being in Germany but it's automatic)

Second link is the Fiat description in case you wanna see it deeply =D

It's my first post here so I hope it's on the right thing, have a nice day =D

The Dolcevita has a roll back canvas roof, similar to on the little 500C
Not too many have sold, that's why they are rare, it adds to the list price as well.
As you probably know the Auto will be a 1.3 litre 4 cylinder, instead of a 1.0 litre 3 cylinder
If the front is similar to the 500e, then its a mild hybrid.
If that's what you want, then go for it

The Dolcevita has a roll back canvas roof, similar to on the little 500C
Not too many have sold, that's why they are rare, it adds to the list price as well.
As you probably know the Auto will be a 1.3 litre 4 cylinder, instead of a 1.0 litre 3 cylinder
If the front is similar to the 500e, then its a mild hybrid.
If that's what you want, then go for it
Hey thx for your answer.

I'm not planing to buy the new model but this one particularly, I don't like the 500 logo at all :s

The engine apparently is either 1.6mjet diesel and 1.0firefly turbo and 2 other I do 't remember with the automatic gear box (I think it's 1.3 and 1.5).

I can understand the price is expensive for the canvas but it' s a special série I think Similar to the yacht club Capri but the yacht club one is not that rare compared to the dolcevita launch edition.

Unforch it's the one I prefer haha so that's why I'm asking, I saw on a website a long time ago that the dolcevita launch edition was sold exclusively in Italia but I'm not 100% sure.

The Diesel was dropped in the UK when it was facelifted, the 1.3 is a petrol auto (I've got one) and the 1.5 is a mild hybrid with a different auto box

There was a Launch Edition in the UK, so I assume there was one across all markets, no doubt the spec varied!

I prefer the old nose too

The Diesel was dropped in the UK when it was facelifted, the 1.3 is a petrol auto (I've got one) and the 1.5 is a mild hybrid with a different auto box

There was a Launch Edition in the UK, so I assume there was one across all markets, no doubt the spec varied!

I prefer the old nose too
Ah OK I see, I live in France so maybe the market is different than in UK.

I believe you could get one in all Europe countries then, but still I find it exceptionally rare that I'm not able to find any picture of it at all even with different key words in Google.

I'm a bit scared to buy a car on internet that I can't see by myself but I'm very interested into this one and unforch I can only buy it on internet at the moment :s

In the UK you have a period when you can reject the car from a dealer with no reason, if you buy the car from the internet unseen.

If that's the same across the rest of Europe, then you should be OK, I would check for that before committing yourself

The Canvas roof is very new only in the last year or so and they have been seemingly winding down the production of the 500X I suspect some new version will come soon with an all electric drive train built on a citroen/peugeot/stellantis platform. The 500X is the same platform as the Punto and vauxhall corsa which is quite an old platform now so its probably due for retirement soon.

I think the 500X with the canvas roof is an awesome looking car, I would get one if it weren't for the engine choices, I think the currently line up in the UK includes a 1.5 petrol Turbo which is probably the one to go for.

The 1.5 is the hybrid, 130 HP, whereas the 1.3 is 150 BHP, not available new, of course.

I've never seen a hybrid 500x on the road

FIAT annoy me because, in the UK, they just don't seem to be pushing to sell the 500X, they did the same with the Tipo and let it wither away.

The 600e is the replacement, although they will continue to sell both for a while.

The 600 is likely to be too small for us, so decisions will need to be made (Hoping for an Alfa Tonale next)

Back