General Fiat 500S launched in Italy

Currently reading:
General Fiat 500S launched in Italy

RUI

Get Your Own Tile
Fiat has announced a cosmetic sports package for the Euro-market 500 that slots between the standard version and the Abarth. The package is specifiable on all variants. It’s called the 500S, and it gets a bodykit that includes new bumpers and side skirts, as well as some new alloys, a rear spoiler, dark chrome trim and tinted windows. The interior gets nice seats, a gear knob and steering wheel spiced up with red stitching.

The bumpers are from the north American sport version and the steering wheel is an abarth wheel without the silver trim.
It looks quite nice.

fiat_500s_1-e1356665691106.jpg

fiat_500s_3-e1356665831515.jpg

fiat_500s_5.jpg

That explains why the Black of Italy (Italian-made auto accessories) site now has funny shaped steering wheel options on it, reminds me of the two bent ones Sterling Moss has on display in his home!

Regarding the gear knob, Ah, maybe another contender for my red 500... instead of seeing if the red Colour Therapy becomes available as a spare (and not costing hundreds of pounds!) Anyone asking about a 500S - would you mind asking for the part number of the red gearknob please?

Yes I can see guys thinking this is not quite as "cuddly"(?) as the 500.

Looks pretty good as a kind of updated sport model. I saw this posted by the Fiat page on facebook and wondered whether it was a new model or what. I really rather like those alloys ;)

Now thats more like it, just missed out on a blackjack TA but kinda glad now that I've seen this - I wonder when they'll be available in RHD land? Probably pricey enough though.

Love the wheels. Very Maserati. And the steering wheel is lovely. Abarth style without the multicoloured frippery.

Looks good. Doesn't the US Sport use the 135 bop motor we get in the Abarth? (Their Abarth gets a different engine to our's).

US have detuned the US A500 multi-air engine with the Garret turbo from 160 to 135 similarly to the MiTo QV -> MiTo 135MA

Actually, I think their version is called the Turbo. Similar looks though.
:yeahthat:
Full 'title' seems to be Fiat 500 Turbo. It was supposed to be called the 500T Sport - might become the best 'value' 500 if you looking for a bit more oomph than the standard NA 1.4 in the US.

It looks good but does it come with a different motor or it's just the design?

Welcome back Chrisilda.(y)
It wouldn't be able to offer a turbo 1.4 engine since the bumper wouldn't be about to 'house' it. Noticed the Abarth bumper on the US Fiat 500 Turbo. Still I wouldn't rule out a 'hot' TA 105hp model as 'hinted' by Murano16V.

Last edited:
Love the wheels. Very Maserati. And the steering wheel is lovely. Abarth style without the multicoloured frippery.

I like that too. The dark interior photos probably make it look better than it is, but it generally looks more upmarket than the basic 'Sport' I had. I wonder what engines are on offer... and whether anyone will buy one in NZ so that I can buy it second-hand in six years' time :)

-Alex

Back