General Fiat 500D 1964 - History - Paperwork - Stockist - How to find history information images?

Currently reading:
General Fiat 500D 1964 - History - Paperwork - Stockist - How to find history information images?

Rusty500f

Hi All

Im looking for clues or if anyone has information about a fiat 500D 1964D light blue RHD or how to go about obtaining history etc. Ive filled out a v888 document has anyone had any luck with this? The only indication i have is that the car came from Taylor & Hales (woodgate) in farnham common. The car is a UK RHD

Any ideas would be appreciated as to how others have been successful in obtaining information?

there are no official Fiat sources of original documentation and history... like the Heritage system in the UK...
they do issue nice certificates and charge about £65 for them.... they usually say the car looks period , colour mechanically and interior....
The Factory kept very few records, the Fiat Club of Turin have done a lot of work in colleting information on 500Ns basically just from owners who have carsand from auctions and adverts were they can find Body and engine numbers, this coupled with som eoriginal information from owners has allowed a data base to be put togetherm it would take considerable effort to do similar for later cars....

there are no official Fiat sources of original documentation and history... like the Heritage system in the UK...
they do issue nice certificates and charge about £65 for them.... they usually say the car looks period , colour mechanically and interior....
The Factory kept very few records, the Fiat Club of Turin have done a lot of work in colleting information on 500Ns basically just from owners who have carsand from auctions and adverts were they can find Body and engine numbers, this coupled with som eoriginal information from owners has allowed a data base to be put togetherm it would take considerable effort to do similar for later cars....
There is (or at least, was) a "Homologation Executive" at Fiat UK. He was able to supply details (year of build and where it was built) for my 500, but they are NOT able to supply construction details for the engine. Is your car LHD or RHD?----if it is LHD, you might be able to obtain some details from the Fiat Club of Turin as there is a resonable chance that it was originally an 'Italian' car

Hi All

Im looking for clues or if anyone has information about a fiat 500D 1964D light blue RHD or how to go about obtaining history etc. Ive filled out a v888 document has anyone had any luck with this? The only indication i have is that the car came from Taylor & Hales (woodgate) in farnham common. The car is a UK RHD

Any ideas would be appreciated as to how others have been successful in obtaining information?

Are you simply wanting to know more about the history or are you trying to get it registered on its original number?

There is (or at least, was) a "Homologation Executive" at Fiat UK. He was able to supply details (year of build and where it was built) for my 500, but they are NOT able to supply construction details for the engine. Is your car LHD or RHD?----if it is LHD, you might be able to obtain some details from the Fiat Club of Turin as there is a resonable chance that it was originally an 'Italian' car
Hi The car is a RHD UK car.

Are you simply wanting to know more about the history or are you trying to get it registered on its original number?
Hi Peter the car has been fully restored and now on the search for some history. Location or logs owners. Prior to 86

Hi Peter the car has been fully restored and now on the search for some history. Location or logs owners. Prior to 86
I made sure that the registration numbers of a couple of 500s that I owned in the '80s were asked about here.
After about ten years, someone contacted me about one of them on Facebook to say where and how it is now and posted an image.
The same thing is less likely to happen retrospectively.But posting g a reg number might help.

out one of them on Facebook to say where and how it is now and posted an image.
The same thing is less likely to happen retrospectively. But posting g a re

Message is being sent out to the universe. The car reg is BBH583B and came from a garage in 1964 called Taylor and Hales Farnham common.

Attachments

• IMG-20230902-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20230902-WA0002.jpg
    319.4 KB · Views: 39
  • taylot and white image 1.jpg
    taylot and white image 1.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 39
Back