General Fiat 500c roof problems

Currently reading:
General Fiat 500c roof problems

brucemate

HI all just bought a lovely red 500c 2009 now each time you put the convertible
hood in the last position it gets stuck you either have to turn the car off or just play around until it will finally goes back, Ive tried a reset etc but no change and also is there a emergency button to do it manual?

thanks for your time

HI all just bought a lovely red 500c 2009 now each time you put the convertible
hood in the last position it gets stuck you either have to turn the car off or just play around until it will finally goes back, Ive tried a reset etc but no change and also is there a emergency button to do it manual?

thanks for your time

There is a procedure for initiating the roof in the 500C manual supplement. Is this what you mean when you say you've tried a reset?

Here's the procedure just in case;
attachment.php

The roof can be operated manually using the wheel nut wrench (or a ratchet socket preferably) on the nut underneath the rear shelf.

Last edited:
As its basically a large fabric sunroof that runs on rails it might be worth seeing if the mechanism would benefit from a bit of grease. It's probably not been touched since its new so lots of potential for the mechanical parts to grind and build up friction

I am having the same sort of issue with mine, 2010 model. it will open to the 25 cm and close fine, and it will open the 3/4 way and close fine, but when you open it fully, and then go for a drive, and then once stationary try to close it it tries to, but then goes back down. ... i don't have any manuals with the car unfortunately, borrowed my mums manual for hers but nothing about convertible roof in hers as hers is a 2008 model :(

Hello, Can anyone help please. I am fixing all little issues with daughters fiat 500 Convertible, one of last issues it taking the centre brake light and spoiler off the roof. I have seen the attached threads and images and looks to be a joint across the inner lining forward of the rear glass. The one I have is 2013my, and no joint, and I cannot see how to release the inner lining to be able to access the spoiler fixing screw. The whole inner lining seems to end just above the rear screen, looks like a channel ? Does anyone know how to remove this lining and if so are there any photo guides please .
Really appreciate your help.
Thank you.

I am having the same sort of issue with mine, 2010 model. it will open to the 25 cm and close fine, and it will open the 3/4 way and close fine, but when you open it fully, and then go for a drive, and then once stationary try to close it it tries to, but then goes back down. ... i don't have any manuals with the car unfortunately, borrowed my mums manual for hers but nothing about convertible roof in hers as hers is a 2008 model :(

hi .....did you work out what the resolve was for your issue please...I am experiencing same and cannot find a solution currently. Thanks.

Back