Technical Fiat 500

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat 500

Bella currently has 126 wheels and discs, whats the easiest way to fit front discs.
Is there a kit out there?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 46
There are a number of kits on the market, from various suppliers. You say that the car has '126' wheels, but which suspension units do you still have on the car---the kits ARE different vis-a-vie 500/126, mainly the adaptor plate which is different. You will probably find that you can get away with retaining the original master cylinder (although you MAY have to go down to the smallest rear wheel cylinders--5/8in). I would also suggest that at the same time you change the 'rubber' brake hoses with 'braided' hoses--they do help to improve the pedal 'feel'.

The first thing to look at is the wheels---the 'Mk 1' 126 used the same wheel-bolt pattern as the 500---190pcd (effectively looks like a 'wheel bolt at each corner of the wheel), the 'Mk 2' 126 changed to the standard Fiat wheel-bolt pattern of 98pcd. Just to double check that you DO have 126 suspension, look at the number of bolts that secure the brake back-plate to the steering-arms---the 500 uses only 2 bolts/studs--the 126 utilises 3 bolts/studs. You will need to ascertain this detail so that you purchase the correct adapter-plate to secure the calipers to the steering arms.

Had the front wheels off and looks like 126 wheels and suspension, 3 securing points. I thought I may be able to adjust the pads but now realise they're self adjusting. Just think they need using, the car has only done 1378 miles in the last 4.5 years and 357 miles last 18 months. Going to get it mot'd then start using while the decent weathers here and get them bed in. I was only going to change them as they seemed poor but when I step on them they lock the wheels so can't be that bad.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 15
Back