Technical Fiat 500 Rear Wiper issue (always on when start up, doesnt reset to correct place)

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat 500 Rear Wiper issue (always on when start up, doesnt reset to correct place)

mildon49

My sister has bought a fiat 500, and tbh i love it nearly as much as she does!
All seems perfect except one thing, and that is the every time you turn the ignition on the rear wiper starts sweeping and completes 2 or 3 swipes then stops.
When it stops though it never stops in the same place it always stops in a random place.
When i used the knob to turn on the rear wieper it does indeed turn on but only whilst knob is on position. Soon as you turn it to off it stops exactly where you left it!

I have read a couple of posts none of which seem to come to any full on conclusion how to fix.

There are 3 wires only going to the motor. One does supply 12v when the knob is turned and also when car ignition turned on. One is the earth, and is working perfectly. The middle cable doesnt have any power going to it at all, no matter if knob is on or anything.

So my assumption is must be to do with that wire?
As said there is power getting to it so it is not a fuse issue. It is also NOT the wiper motor, as just to test i bought new wiper motor and it has exactly the same performance issue

So should the middle cable have power supply going to it? if so what voltage should it be at?

I do understand that the cables can be frayed between boot and body, but i traced the correct cable further into the body and then spliced into it and ran that wire directly to the motor to test, and it makes no difference, and again there never seems to be any reading of power to it.

Please help as driving me insane!!

do you know what voltage should be being supplied to the middle contact? because, i mentioned i traced that cable back through the hatch down about a foot and spliced into it there and it made no difference

Back