Technical Fiat 500 pop 59 plate

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat 500 pop 59 plate

legallyblonde

Just bought a 500 and not able to connect my samsung s7 through the blue&me bluetooth.. Now looking at taking the normal radio out and replacing it with a new version so I can use an aux.. Is this actually possible & can anyone direct me to a radio thats actually fittable as I currently have no idea what I'm doing [emoji23]

Hello and welcome to the forum.

You should be able to pair the phone to Blue&Me so that it works as a hands free phone, but you won't be able to play music stored on the phone (or anything else for that matter apart from calls) through the speakers.

The easiest and cheapest solution is to copy the music onto a memory stick in .mp3 format; you'll then be able to use the steering wheel controls to select it. Another cheap and easy to understand option is to add an FM transmitter to the phone; you'll then be able to set the existing radio to an unused channel and play whatever you wish from your phone through it. You'd have to use the phone to select the audio, which rules out making any changes manually whilst driving as this would contravene the mobile phone regulations (but you could use whatever voice commands your phone supports).

You can certainly fit another head unit and that will have whatever functionality is built into your chosen head unit. It will likely be difficult or impossible to use any of the car's existing systems with the new head unit, so you'll lose the Blue&Me hands free function and the steering wheel buttons probably won't work.

Note that the Blue&Me units in the early cars ('60 plate and before) have less functionality and connectivity than the later models, and can't run the latest blue&Me software - this is a hardware limitation of the Blue&Me installation in your car.

Last edited:
Just bought a 500 and not able to connect my samsung s7 through the blue&me bluetooth.. Now looking at taking the normal radio out and replacing it with a new version so I can use an aux.. Is this actually possible & can anyone direct me to a radio thats actually fittable as I currently have no idea what I'm doing [emoji23]

This plate allows you to use a standard radio comes in cream too or could be painted, does your car have controls on the steering wheel?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fiat-500...724224&hash=item2a5bb93836:g:nrQAAOSwc2FaFeFZ

Any aftermarket radio can be fitted a cable converter will be required at modest cost also a continuous live may have to be installed(from the battery or any live fuse when off) as I think it does not have one and would be required, expect to pay £60-100 for a simple head unit with phone connection;
possible new radios(some have no cd player); http://caraudiosecurity.com/car-stereos-screens_car-stereos-cd-players_bluetooth-car-stereos

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Was Blue&me an option on the pop?

Yes; £350 in the 2010 price list (including the steering wheel upgrade, which was required for this option). Back then you could specify just about any option on just about any model.

If the OP's car isn't fitted with Blue&Me (it wasn't standard on the pop and somehow I missed the 'pop' part of the thread header), then obviously the only way to go is either a replacement head unit or FM transmitter; comments about the steering wheel controls won't apply, since there aren't any.

Last edited:
Back