General Fiat 500 MultiJet 95 HP questions (DPF, clutch, wheels, consumption)

Currently reading:
General Fiat 500 MultiJet 95 HP questions (DPF, clutch, wheels, consumption)

Congrats Avas. You just got the one and only MJ that was available for immediate delivery in Greece, my friend.(y) Wish you many happy miles. (wouldn't mind a demo drive when you get it if you are anywhere near Athens). Maybe all us Greeks in this great forum could get out together sometime in the near future, with our 500's of course! What do you guys 'n girls think: Chrisilda, Ahmet etc?;))

Well I'm 300 miles northern but you never know....
I just got mad about available headroom due to the power sunroof. Does anybody knows if the power sunroof steals more space than the standard glass roof? If this is the case I' have to cancel since my head is already very close to the glass roof...

Really if someone could help........

Well I'm 300 miles northern but you never know....
I just got mad about available headroom due to the power sunroof. Does anybody knows if the power sunroof steals more space than the standard glass roof? If this is the case I' have to cancel since my head is already very close to the glass roof...

Really if someone could help........

Hi Avas, unfortunately the electric sunroof does mean less headroom inside when compared to the fixed glass roof.

Hi Avas, unfortunately the electric sunroof does mean less headroom inside when compared to the fixed glass roof.

Well bad news travel fast.... Although I'm only 1.82 or 6 ft I really feel stressed under the glass. I have to check for other options. Is it known how many inches does it steals compared to the tin roof :confused:

Btw sorry I hijacked the thread...

Last edited:
Must be a fair bit as I'm 6ft and have little legs and a long body and I've got plenty of room!

The electric sunroof has a frame around the glass to hide the sliders. Those sliders are at the left of the driver's head lowering the roof by 1' or less - didn't find specs anywhere - on the left side (same applies to the right of the passenger's seat).

So overall the headroom is the same by measuring in the center of the sunroof. But this frame spoils the driving experience for a person over 5' 8" since my hair are touching the roof on the left and back. It is annoying.

Maybe i should cancel and get the glass/not powered sunroof.
I have to mention that my previous car was a Jeep so I'm used to plenty of space ...

CU

Hi! I'm new here. My name is Angelo.
I test drove TA and saw an avg 40 mpg
So I'm ready to go for Mj 1.3

I'm doing 25000km so Mj seems promising. Are there any other hidden costs?

When driving TA I didn't like the vibrations below 2000 revs. Was it my idea? That was the reason I was pushing it and saw a poor mpg...

Any ideas?

Welcome Angele :) I wish i was able to buy a MJ but unfortunately it's still not allowed and I'm going to Athens daily.

Can't this be compensated by lowering your driving seat a bit?:idea:

It is put into the lowest setting...:(

Anyway it is not that bad. By choosing the right setup it is ok. Between the glass and the powered sunroof the choice is 'powered'.
Otherwise it is useless in Greece in my opinion.

So I will go for the Mj witch was my first choice!

@chrisalis
It is illegal to use it in Thessaloniki as well but it is a matter of time to allow it. It is euro5 so as soon as taxes are normalized (regarding diesel fuel) status will change. Btw I use the ring road so I hope I will be marginally legal:D

Today is my first day with my new 500!
OK I have to admin I was used to more space as a JEEP owner for many years but watching the Avg MPG of my 500 is and always be a real pleasure!

Photos and more on another post.....

Anxiously waiting for your first impressions Avas. How's things with your height and the electric sunroof?
Wish you many happy km's! (y)

Anxiously waiting for your first impressions Avas. How's things with your height and the electric sunroof?
Wish you many happy km's! (y)

By the way defkalion do you know anything about the law having changed by being able to buy diesel cars in athens? Has it been updated yet? I would have considered the 1.3 MJ but back in 2010 Athens was still in the stone age for diesel cars = )
In addition i mainly do my driving in the city so i am not sure the diesel would have worked well for me so it was best to go for petrol even though i spend a lot of money on gas and well diesel is much cheaper than petrol in athens!

By the way defkalion do you know anything about the law having changed by being able to buy diesel cars in athens? Has it been updated yet? I would have considered the 1.3 MJ but back in 2010 Athens was still in the stone age for diesel cars = )
In addition i mainly do my driving in the city so i am not sure the diesel would have worked well for me so it was best to go for petrol even though i spend a lot of money on gas and well diesel is much cheaper than petrol in athens!

I read that this is legal but I'll wait and see the license.

The headroom is ok for me but i wouldn't recommend it to anyone over 1.85. The sunroof is great and I really enjoy it. I'm pretty sure during summer it will be HOT but I'll think of something ...

Ahmett yes, they finally vote for it and im so pissed off.....seriously! I ordered my car a month ago..... Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Ahmett yes, they finally vote for it and im so pissed off.....seriously! I ordered my car a month ago..... Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Oh thats a shame for you. The diesel is 1000 euros more expensive than the twinair and diesel is like 1.4 euros in athens while petrol is 1.6 euros! So you would have saved the 1000 euros in less than a year, in my case 6 months!

Although you never know, now that diesel is legal, maybe they increase the tax on the price of diesel + you need to service it more.

There is a new amendment that's been voted in Greece which will allow diesel cars in Athens. The final law should be in order by 1/1/2012 - at least that's what I was told. Avas' license for his new 500 will clarify things a bit. As far as service intervals are concerned this all depends on where you drive your 500 diesel. Having read all the posts on DPF regeneration (as I was very concerned about that) I tend to conclude that the diesel version is only appropriate for 50/50 mixed urban/motorway driving.
BTW you also get a 500 euro FIAT discount when buying a diesel 500, so taking into account the 0,20 euro difference in fuel... there you have it. Plus torque, responsive engine, reliability of diesels etc etc. :) Can't wait to gat mine delivered...

There is a new amendment that's been voted in Greece which will allow diesel cars in Athens. The final law should be in order by 1/1/2012 - at least that's what I was told. Avas' license for his new 500 will clarify things a bit. As far as service intervals are concerned this all depends on where you drive your 500 diesel. Having read all the posts on DPF regeneration (as I was very concerned about that) I tend to conclude that the diesel version is only appropriate for 50/50 mixed urban/motorway driving.
BTW you also get a 500 euro FIAT discount when buying a diesel 500, so taking into account the 0,20 euro difference in fuel... there you have it. Plus torque, responsive engine, reliability of diesels etc etc. :) Can't wait to gat mine delivered...

Still waiting for the license...

I'm having a 5.7 Lt/100 avg now. When I test drove the TA it was 7.2 but it was pushed hard to the limit. I expect the MPG to go down for the MJ, even now 5.2 seems easy. With TA 6.4 seems reasonable so comparing the two I think MPG isn't an issues.

Service intervals are the same for both models.

I enjoy the way it rides and the torgue I might say , but the sound of TA is great. In general TA is more fun to drive but since I'm using it 30/70 urban/motorway so MJ was my first choice.

In Greece it's a joke to try to predict the future regarding taxes and gas prices so let's leave this parameter out.

Was I have to add is that until recently I was spending 650 € per month by using my Jeep. Now I'm spending no more than 330 € thanks to my new 500 :slayer:

Still waiting for the license...

I'm having a 5.7 Lt/100 avg now. When I test drove the TA it was 7.2 but it was pushed hard to the limit. I expect the MPG to go down for the MJ, even now 5.2 seems easy. With TA 6.4 seems reasonable so comparing the two I think MPG isn't an issues.

Service intervals are the same for both models.

I enjoy the way it rides and the torgue I might say , but the sound of TA is great. In general TA is more fun to drive but since I'm using it 30/70 urban/motorway so MJ was my first choice.

In Greece it's a joke to try to predict the future regarding taxes and gas prices so let's leave this parameter out.

Was I have to add is that until recently I was spending 650 € per month by using my Jeep. Now I'm spending no more than 330 € thanks to my new 500 :slayer:

Yes i mainly drive in athens and once a week i take it to the seaside, vouliagmeni or something to stretch its legs a bit because in central athens and kifiisas the car is not happy! I am lucky to be getting 7.5l/100 km with the Fiat 1.4, and sometimes 8.0! I think i drive in the city too much for the diesel but anyway now i am happy with my car so i'll keep it, although you really do save so much money especailly as i do 30,000 km a year crawling around the streets of athens = )
Yes for you the diesel is definately a better choice!

Lets see what they do about the price of diesel petrol, i hope it stays low for you, because if athens goes to diesel i think most cars sold new would then be diesel, especailly wallet killers like the Jeep Wrangler or Range Rover Sport!

Back