General Fiat 500 lights!!! (Maybe I’m stupid)

Currently reading:
General Fiat 500 lights!!! (Maybe I’m stupid)

carandcatlover75

So, on the 2016 fiat pop, if you turn the stalk from the the O to the first position, the side lights and low beams come on. And then if you push the stalk forward, the side lights go onto full beam?! Am I being stupid? Why can’t I get my low beam headlights into full beam.

If it changes anything, I think the daylight lights are off

They are separate. Low beam in top reflectors, high beam in bottom reflectors.
When high beam is on, low beam stays on, too.

And welcome to the forum, show us a picture of your car;)

Welcome, never a stupid question, that's correct the dip are the top lights the full beam is the top AND bottom which have the full beam bulb in the cluster, so in this case the lights are separate rather than 2 in 1 as many cars are.

Until I got my 2018 500, I did wonder why facelift 500’s flashed with their bumper lights and not the headlights !

I prefer this set up as when you need main beam, being lower, they do light up the road better than in’t Panda.

The, well my, DRL’s dim (but remain on) when dipped headlights are turned on.

The lower lamp is a busy creature, providing three lamps with two bulbs.
The upper bulb is a twin filament item, providing 10w for the daytime running lights, and changing over to 5w for 'sidelights' when the headlamps are lit, or for parking. The lower bulb is a 55w main beam headlamp bulb.

If any of these bulbs need replacement, access is via a little door under the wheelarch, in front of the wheel. Make sure the little doors are there, and fitted properly, as muck from the wheels will get in otherwise, and these lamps are expensive.

Pertinamt info? I just had to change the W21/5W bulb which is the driving and side light in the lower cluster. Unfortunately I have man-sized hands and found the instructions in the handbook impossible to follow. I had to remove the wheel and make a tool (like a two-prong fork) to twist the bulb holder in order to release it. This is after having lost most of the skin on my knuckles. Also it may be worthwhile mentioning the cost of a bulb from Halfords is x2 Amazon.
Best of luck and stay safe everyone.

Pertinamt info? I just had to change the W21/5W bulb which is the driving and side light in the lower cluster. Unfortunately I have man-sized hands and found the instructions in the handbook impossible to follow. I had to remove the wheel and make a tool (like a two-prong fork) to twist the bulb holder in order to release it. This is after having lost most of the skin on my knuckles. Also it may be worthwhile mentioning the cost of a bulb from Halfords is x2 Amazon.
Best of luck and stay safe everyone.

You can also use a open end spanner to turn it, yes remove the wheel, the price of the bulb seems to have gone up, I was purchasing a Osram version for only £1.50 seems to have doubled

Back