Technical Fiat 500 electrical issues

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat 500 electrical issues

Mohamed500

Hello, I've been the owner of a Fiat 500 Lounge 1.2 from 2013 since last week. I've noticed that the license plate light and parking sensors are not working. Additionally, the trunk doesn't open using the locking mechanism; it only opens with the key. Any idea what could be causing this?

PS: cigarette lighter is also not operational.

Hi, 🙂
Probably not related.. 🤔

A common problem is broken wires at the tailgate hinge,
Check that area first 😉

Hi, 🙂
Probably not related.. 🤔

A common problem is broken wires at the tailgate hinge,
Check that area first 😉

have also seen this post. Still, it seems unlikely that the parking sensors would not work due to a break in this location. The cables of the parking sensors do not run through this pass-through. Or am I simplifying it too much? At first glance, the cables in the trunk pass-through “appear” to be fine.

have also seen this post. Still, it seems unlikely that the parking sensors would not work due to a break in this location. The cables of the parking sensors do not run through this pass-through. Or am I simplifying it too much? At first glance, the cables in the trunk pass-through “appear” to be fine.
Thanks for the reply tho!

So check the fuses for the parking sensors fuse 49 passenger compartment and cigarette socket fuse 85 under bonnet, its very possible its the hatch wiring fault re the boot however it could be the handle/switch on the boot lid, probably just needs cleaning as it gets rusted up, removing the silver part from the boot lid and taking apart to fix?

Back