500 Fiat 500 Abarth SS 160 Hp Came in November 2008

Currently reading:
500 Fiat 500 Abarth SS 160 Hp Came in November 2008

Abarth500_2_01.jpg

It's been in the rumourmill for sometime now, however, at a media preview for the new Abarth 500 held in Turin, FIAT have finally confirmed speculation that a new more powerful 500 will be released - possibly as early as November this year.

This will come as great news for anyone who thought 135BHP wasn't going to be enough - with the new upgraded turbo-charged 1.4l engine putting out a massive 160BHP.

Called the "esse-essee" kit (read SS) - along with the engine, it also includes a number of mechanical and visual improvements to the car and can either be fitted as an option at time of purchase, or, retro fitted up to one year after purchase, or 20,000km on the road.

Re: Fiat 500 Abarth SS 160 Hp Coming in November

The 500 might be a bit lighter than the GP, but with an extra 20hp, the GP will be the quicker car. The standard GP Abarth has a slightly quicker 0-62 time anyway:

GP Abarth - 7.7 / 500 Abarth - 7.9

I thought they were both showing 8.something.

I personally will be waiting a year or so for these Abarth models to be on the market for a bit, I bet this time next year Fiat will be offering large discounts on these ranges, especially after the GP Abarth didn't really get that good reviews!

probably been posted elsewhere but here's a review of the essesse against a mini jcw by Jean Alesi here it's translated from italian btw.

Alain Prost? same era mind.

After placing a deposit a few weeks ago, I received today, from the Abarth dealer in Romford, information that it would be basically priced like the Punto Abarth. So if you want the SS kit, its going to cost £4200 fitted, leather interior £850 plus a few other extras, it totals £19,500.00!! No discounts, have to pay full retail for everything!!!!! 12 - 20 weeks delivery, depending on what extras you have. Might ask for my deposit back?

After placing a deposit a few weeks ago, I received today, from the Abarth dealer in Romford, information that it would be basically priced like the Punto Abarth. So if you want the SS kit, its going to cost £4200 fitted, leather interior £850 plus a few other extras, it totals £19,500.00!! No discounts, have to pay full retail for everything!!!!! 12 - 20 weeks delivery, depending on what extras you have. Might ask for my deposit back?

ouch, nearly 20k for a 500 you must be joking (n)

hi new to the forum,
Like everyone else I have fallen in love of the fiat 500 abarth ss. I was wondering if anyone knew the spec of the engine i.e. did they change the internals of the standard 1.4 and add a turbo plus mapping or have they just bolted bits on. I might be tempted to build one from standard than pay £20K.

Its not just a 1.4 with a turbo bolted on. Chassis will be alot different to the normal 500 aswell so even if you sorted the engine out it still wont handle aswell.

Hello , the 160ss was on tonights Top Gear and Mr Clarkson loved it , he said it should be around the £13500 mark , if you do get it post some pics please , thanks
Joker

I spoke to Autoworld in chestefield and they said that the SS version is just a engine kit i.e. new turbo and that the car don't get SVA'd and it's not put on the V5 but the kit is registered with Fiat on the chassis number the warranty etc.

Back