Technical Fiat 500 (2011) Boot lock failure to open

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat 500 (2011) Boot lock failure to open

So after many years of no issues the car has thrown two, one random power steering failure ( only once ) and, boot won't open from fob or handle, was fine this morning now not working.

Observations
Car locked press remote lights flash but no operation
Car unlocked no response from handle, no response from fob
Boot lid manually released from inside, whilst open operate boot lid handle solenoid operates, press key fob solenoid operates, close lid nothing works.

Advice?

whilst open operate boot lid handle solenoid operates, press key fob solenoid operates, close lid nothing works.
Sounds like a hatch wiring fault to me.

I'd suggest disconnecting the battery negative terminal before proceeding further and before opening the hatch again. You may only be a short step away from frying the airbag ECU.

I'd suggest disconnecting the battery negative terminal before proceeding further and before opening the hatch again. You may only be a short step away from frying the airbag ECU.
Do you think the silicone covered wire that I used to replace all the tailgate wires with could have also failed?
You only have to pop the boot open half an inch for normal operation ie release it with the catch inside and all working as though its a micro switch, are there any in the latch?

yes thats what operates it from the fob etc !!
if your saying that it all works if the hatch is already open and closing it stops all the functions it sounds like closing it is stretching /straining the wiring loom enough to break contact somewhere time for another check i think goes without saying but disconnect the battery first!.

Another possibility is that the hatch may be adjusted too tightly to permit the spring to release the catch when the solenoid operates. Check that the hatch has some free downward movement if you press on it when it's closed.

See the link in my post #11.
sounds unlikely if its been working ok for years and suddenly has stopped working!.
Surely the hatch cant become over tight on its own without some kind of mechanical intervention? unless the striker plate is loose or has moved a little by its self but then whats the chances of it staying in the position that causes problems + if the striker plate was loose wouldnt the hatch rattle about as if loose!

Balls, I think you could be correct, a little more experimenting previous symptoms now not working, try opening lid worked once lid mid cycle then not again, so looks like I'm going to have to repair it again and my elderly Mazda is off the road having failed its mot with a proper Fred Flinstone floor, my hope is that the wire has failed but not the insulation?

Back