Technical Fiat 500 - 19 Reg

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat 500 - 19 Reg

fleurvictoria

Hi,

When cleaning my car yesterday I've noticed my rear passenger footwell is completely soaked!

Having had a Google I believe my rear washer pipe could be split and leaking into my footwell

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks!

Hi and welcome.

Yes, I had this issue on my 2018 500S but luckily it was repaired under warranty.
I’ve attached a breakdown of the parts they replaced in case it helps you sort your 500.

7C6013FF-D153-4126-BB21-15D2CD456B12.jpeg

I always use anti freeze screen wash though.
If using a concentrate, you might need to add more than you think to protect against the extreme temperatures we've seen this winter, and may even need to use it undiluted. Adding a splash to the reservoir and topping up with water won't work in winter.

Most of the premixed ready-to-use brands won't cope with anything below about -6C.

It only takes one very cold spell to cause permanent damage to the system.

Last edited:
I've got it booked I'm with the garage I purchased it from, labour at £135 per hour. Then the parts on top. Got it in September 2022 and purchased the extended warranty so fingers crossed it will be covered.

Wow just an example, that alone would pay for "the entire life of the car" worth of front discs and pads (plus fitting, free if you can DIY )
If my extended warranty doesn't cover it its £135 plus parts... if it does all work and parts are free for 36 months from purchase (warranty cost me £500 and it included MOT AND SERVICING

I think this would be a good time to read the small print of the warranty.

If it turns out not to be covered, you could likely save yourself several hundred pounds by taking this job to an independent garage, where labour costs will likely be around a third of that figure.

If it's just a split washer pipe (quite likely), then a bit of plastic tube & a couple of connectors will cost very little.

Back