General Fiat 127 & 128

Currently reading:
General Fiat 127 & 128

matteoB

Hi am new on here and realise the emphasis seems to be on recent FIATS. However I wonder if anyone can tell me if decent 1970s 128 1100/1300 saloons/coupes still exist and which is the best country to find them in. Any U.K cars still left?;) My family also had a FIAT 127 1050 Sport when I was kid in the 80s and would love to get my hands on one of those (or maybe an Alfa Sud). If there are any people out there who are in the club or could shed any light on this i'd be grateful.:)

Hmmm this is a helpful forum not:mad: I've contacted owners club who said there are enough around.

Yes there are still some around! (y)

My 2 127s are below - email me if you want to chat.

Regards, Gavin. :)

Attachments

• Auto Italia 007.jpg
    Auto Italia 007.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 261
  • 100_0640_0001.JPG
    100_0640_0001.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 344
Hmmm this is a helpful forum not:mad: I've contacted owners club who said there are enough around.

Chill! You're in one of the least active sections of the forum so it can take a while before you may get a response. You're also asking about models of Fiats that are now very, very rare in the UK. As such not many people have one and therefore not many people are able to answer your post...

If you could've accepted a 1300GT 127 then this would have been a perfect project:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....m=270289978971&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=017

I was very, very tempted myself but with three Fiats and a 34 year old Ford I couldn't justify taking on any more projects. The price was really good too :cry:

Your best bet is to pm the member Palio as it looks like he's very clued up on 127's. Plus his 127 Sport is absolutely gorgeous :yum:

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
We had a couple of 127s and a couple of 128s. My first 127 got crashed head-on into a transit when out on a roadtest. The driver survived and the car was rebuilt to last another 3 years before I sold it on. I still have a 127 manual (the book that is, not a non-auto car!) looking for a good home. The cars are long gone.

I have 6 128`s thank you very much:slayer: keep it real

WOW!!!! I've owned eight in my time, I guess over my first four or five years of driving. I'm 45 now(n)(n)My first car was a 128, and I Love em!!! One day, I'll restore one, and tune the living daylights out of a 1300 engine for it.

Has anyone here changed a timing belt on a "brasil" engine? I need to change the belt on my lancia y10 gtie which has this engine (as fitted to 127 sport) It looks like the crankshaft pulley has to come off, but there's not enough clearance to get a socket on it. Any ideas?

cheers

hi i have a fiat 127 standard car 1986 does anyone know there value for insurance reasons regards j

newly aquired 1973 Fiat 128. Plus a ****load of 128 parts that my grandad had been hoarding for the last 30+ years. Any other American 128 owners? They seen to be very popular in argentina, which is cool, but I have yet to see another vintage Fiat on the road in my neck of the woods.

newly aquired 1973 Fiat 128. Plus a ****load of 128 parts that my grandad had been hoarding for the last 30+ years. Any other American 128 owners? They seen to be very popular in argentina, which is cool, but I have yet to see another vintage Fiat on the road in my neck of the woods.

Hi again,
I've not seen many active members in the US,
a few with modern 500's but that's about it.., :eek:

Charlie

i must say, it's kinda cool being the only vintage Fiat owner in this area - turns lots of heads. I'd like to know - it there anything i should "know" about these cars? like, "hey buddy, you gotta make sure that your Fiat never runs out of blinker fluid" or "make sure you reinforce the rear right strut tower"

Hi all,

I'm usually lurking about in the Fiat "Other" forum as this seems to be the only forum for my 1963 600 Multipla. I lost compression in #2 and rather than build the 28 Hp original, I'm in the process of building a 850/903 engine. We are looking to get 50-55 Hp and I'm told that the 903 block can only go so big before it requires sleeving and an offset bore to get up to 982cc. I can handle the cost of sleeving and boring is boring, but the guy doing the engine for me wasn't sure if the stock 903 rods could handle the larger displacement. I'm not sure I'm up for $1,000 extra for rods unless they are really required. Anyone been down this road before? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Papa Chubby

Hi, Just read one of the older threads and on it you say you have 6 128's?
Wow, I've been slowly restoring a 128 saloon and could do with some photo's of the engine bay of a 1100cc version. I've somehow managed to lose my engine bay photo's and I am unsure as to the routing of some of the heater pipes.

Cheers.

Back