General Fiat 1.9 8v Multijet Glow plug check

Currently reading:
General Fiat 1.9 8v Multijet Glow plug check

doblotom

Hi guys,
Having trouble starting my car and have the glow plug warning on, so trying to check out which plug is at fault. I'm using the method described on the forum of checking the resistance from the cable to the glow plug relay. I've put one multimeter probe to the engine, other to each pin on the plug.
Red cable reading 0.6, next two reading 1 on the meter (not 1.0) and the final is 0.0. Does this indicate an open circuit? Going by the forum instructional, I should be getting 1.2 ohms.
Does that indicate at least 3 of them are not working?
Hopefully someone can advise on this, thanks.

Last edited:
Hi guys,
Having trouble starting my car and have the glow plug warning on, so trying to check out which plug is at fault. I'm using the method described on the forum of checking the resistance from the cable to the glow plug relay. I've put one multimeter probe to the engine, other to each pin on the plug.
Red cable reading 0.6, next two reading 1 on the meter (not 1.0) and the final is 0.0. Does this indicate an open circuit? Going by the forum instructional, I should be getting 1.2 ohms.
Does that indicate at least 3 of them are not working?
Hopefully someone can advise on this, thanks.

You mean Argonauts GUIDE..??

I didnt get conclusive results with mine.

See your other posts ;)

Yeah, that's the one.
I've just taken everything off and got down to the plugs. Have the new plugs ready to go, so thought I'd just try and replace them all.
I've sprayed some Plus gas down on the plugs to try to aid removal and will leave it for a day before I try and remove. It really is tight access at the back of the engine. Had to use a little mirror to see what I'm doing.

I had 2 marea jtds

1st one .. a plug got dropped down the back.. lost

Then discovered nobody stocked new ones..
Had to search for the one wedged down the back :)

Years later with the 2nd one.. it was too much to bend for that long.. car just got used in warm weather until its demise :eek:

Back