General Ferrari 500

Currently reading:
General Ferrari 500

Interesting that this has the ivory ambience which is not usually an option on the Sport model

Interesting that this has the ivory ambience which is not usually an option on the Sport model
Ambience refers the the colour of the steering wheel, radio, heating controls and headrests. The colour of the headlining on all 500's (excepting Abarth 500's) is white.

As Rob says, there's a difference between the Ferrari badged 500 sports and the 695 Tributo.

Ambience refers the the colour of the steering wheel, radio, heating controls and headrests. The colour of the headlining on all 500's (excepting Abarth 500's) is white.

As Rob says, there's a difference between the Ferrari badged 500 sports and the 695 Tributo.

Do you know if the Ferrari badged 500 sports came with the half or Full leather as standard ? Also very interested to know if the exhaust was different to the standard 1.4 - I feel that the standard manifold acts as a restrictor. If it's a sin to make a standard 1.4 sport look like an Abarth - could you get away with emulating a Ferrari 'courtesy' version ? At least one would not be upsetting the Abarth guys with putting their badges on a Fiat.

Do you know if the Ferrari badged 500 sports came with the half or Full leather as standard ? Also very interested to know if the exhaust was different to the standard 1.4 - I feel that the standard manifold acts as a restrictor. If it's a sin to make a standard 1.4 sport look like an Abarth - could you get away with emulating a Ferrari 'courtesy' version ? At least one would not be upsetting the Abarth guys with putting their badges on a Fiat.

why try to emulate anything, create your own style (y)

why try to emulate anything, create your own style (y)

I did look at the following...
http://www.magnatuning.ro/en/product/8306/Fiat-500-Abarth-Look-Body-Kit
more in relation to skirts on the car. I had seen a set going cheap with minor damage on ebay 1-2 weeks ago - but I wasn't able to bid because it was restricted to UK bidders only. I did like the Ferrari logo on the top of the wing (at this stage I'll never drive a Ferrari) & was wondering if the Ferrari courtesy came in Black as well as the red. I have the 5o wheels so I have some of the look. If someone took my own car off me at reasonable money I would possibly go with the Abarth. I remember someone commenting that the 1.4 sport was half-of-an-Abarth - I didn't realise that it also applied financially as well! If I compromise the re-sell value I'll be stuck with it. Looking at the power-to-weight ratio of the Abarth & the 500 1.4L. 1035kg:133bhp & 930:99 there's a difference of 14 stone in weight. If the Ferrari courtesy version had 120bhp it would have a better to weight ratio than the Standard Abarth. Although I realise that the standard Abarth pumps out 140-145bhp whilst a typical 1.4L has 105bhp. I'm careful not to invest any real money in the car because it's not viable. If a manifold delayed the evitable purchase it might be money well spent coupled with a special look.

That's a lot of money for a second hand 500 sport with the wrong badges on it.

I did look at the following...
http://www.magnatuning.ro/en/product/8306/Fiat-500-Abarth-Look-Body-Kit
more in relation to skirts on the car. I had seen a set going cheap with minor damage on ebay 1-2 weeks ago - but I wasn't able to bid because it was restricted to UK bidders only. I did like the Ferrari logo on the top of the wing (at this stage I'll never drive a Ferrari) & was wondering if the Ferrari courtesy came in Black as well as the red. I have the 5o wheels so I have some of the look. If someone took my own car off me at reasonable money I would possibly go with the Abarth. I remember someone commenting that the 1.4 sport was half-of-an-Abarth - I didn't realise that it also applied financially as well! If I compromise the re-sell value I'll be stuck with it. Looking at the power-to-weight ratio of the Abarth & the 500 1.4L. 1035kg:133bhp & 930:99 there's a difference of 14 stone in weight. If the Ferrari courtesy version had 120bhp it would have a better to weight ratio than the Standard Abarth. Although I realise that the standard Abarth pumps out 140-145bhp whilst a typical 1.4L has 105bhp. I'm careful not to invest any real money in the car because it's not viable. If a manifold delayed the evitable purchase it might be money well spent coupled with a special look.

i think you need to really decide what you want to achieve and test drive some different models

i owned a modified (exhaust, suspension, brakes and wheels) 1.4 and it was a lot of fun for half the price of an Abarth

having driven several Abarth 500 (inc the expensive SS version) I can honestly say that my modded 1.4 was almost as much fun (y)

i now own a Bravo TJet Sport 150 (Bravo with the engine out of an Abarth)

That's a lot of money for a second hand 500 sport with the wrong badges on it.

Dude, I've seen a Lancia Stratos with Ferrari stickers all over it. Is there anything less cool than that?

If you've read what Chris Harris recently said about Ferrari then you'll realise that it's bloody uncool to badge one of the coolest cars in the world and put Ferrari stickers on it......

Dude, I've seen a Lancia Stratos with Ferrari stickers all over it. Is there anything less cool than that?

Lol. I'd take a Stratos, even with Ferrari stickers all over it. :D

If you've read what Chris Harris recently said about Ferrari then you'll realise that it's bloody uncool to badge one of the coolest cars in the world and put Ferrari stickers on it......

I remain convinced that even on an actual Ferrari automobile, the Ferrari badge is tacky.

Actually, for the £268 I just paid for 2 front wishbones for the 500, maybe they'll come with Ferrari badges?

ouchy

next time pm me and i will try to get you a better price

Twas a bit spendy but Hani did a big ring around. There aren't many people who have them or can get them at the moment and the prices didn't vary much. Also, I needed them tomorrow at Hounslow so the trusty mechanic could put them in and MOT her while I'm away in Budapest as of wed morning. So it sort of worked out ok.

In fairness, after 3 years, 64000 miles, 4 Nurburgring trips, a weekend at Spa-Francorchamps and 22 UK track days I can't really complain about a couple of ball joints being required. I just wish Fiat made them bolt on instead of making you order the whole wishbone. :)

Back