Technical Faulty eco index

Currently reading:
Technical Faulty eco index

AndyH1955

The eco index on my daughters 2021 500 Rock Star doesn't work. Is this a setting that has been switched off somehow, or a fault?

I can't find a setting to reactivate. The issue started around the time that the whole Infotainment unit was replaced under warranty due to a failed GPS element. Could be coincidence but thought I would mention.

Will head back to the dealers if no ideas here.

thanks.

The eco index on my daughters 2021 500 Rock Star doesn't work. Is this a setting that has been switched off somehow, or a fault?

I can't find a setting to reactivate. The issue started around the time that the whole Infotainment unit was replaced under warranty due to a failed GPS element. Could be coincidence but thought I would mention.

Will head back to the dealers if no ideas here.

thanks.
Ah!
I have the exact same problem, following the exact same replacement of the Infotainment unit.
Did you resolve your issue in the end?

Interesting. On my 2015 500X I have no such "Eco Index" that I'm aware of. Have other fuel and range metrics (for want of a better word) but no "Eco Index".

The Eco Metrix I assume is some new fandangle measurement that Fiat have put into later 500X models?
Mine is the Fiat 500, like the previous person's. The eco-index is a way of showing how economically you're driving!

Interesting. On my 2015 500X I have no such "Eco Index" that I'm aware of. Have other fuel and range metrics (for want of a better word) but no "Eco Index".

The Eco Metrix I assume is some new fandangle measurement that Fiat have put into later 500X models?
The wife’s 2016 renegade has an ‘eco index’, a tree that has more or less green leaves dependent on how your driving…that got switched off pretty early in its life as it is VERY distracting

Ah!
I have the exact same problem, following the exact same replacement of the Infotainment unit.
Did you resolve your issue in the end?
No unfortunately. My daughter took it to the local dealers. They claimed to have done a software update to resolve it but it name no difference.
As she has no faith in them she is going to try another dealership.

Thanks for replying.
Sorry it's still an issue for you. I'm being told by my local dealership that I need to install the Fiat UConnect app. (Strange it worked without that app beforehand tho!)
Cannot even register to use the suggested app, however, but I have no faith in that being the solution anyway.
I can live without the feature but when I come to sell on, I can imagine the part-exchange being less favourable if it's still not working.
Grr!

On my 2015 500X uConnect 5" I never bothered wiith any of the Apps extentions, ECO Drive, etc.

For me as long as the maps work, trip computer & MPG (which I always do manually every fill-up anyway and get a different figure to the car), low fuel warning works and expected range work then I'm a happy bunny. Anything is is a distraction.

However that said some people may want and chose any given car for these add-on features so they have an expectation that they should work and should be supported. Case of "once they have your money" ...... :)

Back