Technical fault code p1702

Currently reading:
Technical fault code p1702

swansea2007

any one got a clue what this error code is p1702 took it to garage just now as my car cut out couple of times whilst driving And getting alternator fault quite often. i had 3 faults.

1. Fuel sensor fault.
2. imobiliser.
3. p1702 Unknown fault

So any idea what the unkown fault is??/

P 1702 is:
problem with communication between Engine-ecu and Electric Power Steering ecu / no signal or signal not plausible.
Could be a problem with the famous D4 connector?

yellowstilo

All CAN-interruptions on the C-CAN bus may cause engine cut-outs (like communication with power steering ecu).
Also check your battery voltage with and without your engine running - should be around 14 volt and around 12 volt.

yellowstilo

All CAN-interruptions on the C-CAN bus may cause engine cut-outs (like communication with power steering ecu).
Also check your battery voltage with and without your engine running - should be around 14 volt and around 12 volt.

yellowstilo

Thanks i really need to find out as this coult be bad if im driving fast. And need to find out if this caused the car to cut out if it did the garage paying for damages from the crash

Thanks everyone

yep, make sure your battery is up to scratch and not failing including all the positive and earths terminals, then locate and clean your D4 connector. Any moisture around the D4 and/or fusebox and you'll get problems.
Good luck

Just been towed home by the AA who diagnosed my Fiat PUNTO Speedgear automatic with same fault code - P1702 plus, P0340.

Am aware P0340 is cam shaft sensor but the symptoms are same as yours - sluggish, loss of power if you go over 30mph. Needle fluctuates down to 500rpm when idling at lights etc.

Is it really only a battery issue???????:cry:

Back