Fao Tom or any1 that can help

Currently reading:
Fao Tom or any1 that can help

R

Richard M-C

i look at this forum alot to see what ppl think of their bravos and what probs they have so i know what im getting into when i finaly buy1 and i see that u know alot and help ppl out.
i hope u can help and give advice with my prob.

my girlfriends car a seicento sporting (sorry i know its not a bravo) had its coolant or engine light come on today and stalled on her, some1 helped her push start it and she carried on but the light was still on, it stalled once more befor she got to work when she noticed it was smokeing and thats when she called me, im dont know alot and all i could think of was to check the cooland bottle, told her to do it as best she could without takin the cap off incase it was still hot to see if it was empty (could she have taken the cap off?), she looked and said it looked totaly empty.
So could it be this? and how much damage could she have done by carrying on? about 15 mins with light on.

The thing is she had a 24,000 mile FIAT service on the 1st December (cars only done 12,000) so surly it would be full? the car is still under warrenty so would we get the car fixed free if theres any damage? as it looks like they might not of done their job right.

sorry its a long post but i hope hope some of u ppl in the know can help.
thanks alot Richard M-C

surely if they haven't done therejob properly they will do the work and should at least give you a courtesey car as a good will gesture

Re: Re: Fao Tom or any1 that can help

shes called them and they told her to get the AA to bring the car in as they dont have a truck and to also ask them about a car as they dont have 1 of them either at the mo!

I would not really want to speculate, the possible outcomes range from no damage to needing a new engine.

Re: Re: Fao Tom or any1 that can help

if they pay i hope it does need a new engine that'll teach em to do their job right, whats the chances of them having to pay out?, bearing in mind i told her not to tell them she carried on to work with light on

Re: Re: Re: Fao Tom or any1 that can help

AA man found a hole in the corner of the radiator but couldnt say if it was a stone or a fault that did it so its now in garage, how dogey are fiat garages when it come to things like this? can they tamper with it to look like a stone did it? that fiat garage doesnt have a good rep.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Fao Tom or any1 that can help

If it was a servicing fault I would have expected it to fail sooner.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Fao Tom or any1 that can help

Well if it's a holed rad, then I doubt very much that the garage will be at fault. If the service was back on the 1st of December and they had caused the hole in the rad it would have failed within a couple of days.
Sorry to say that it does sound like one of those unfortunate occurances that could happen to anybody :(

I think the thing that it would teach us all is to stop the car as soon as a warning light comes on, after all they are a 'warning'.
If a water warning lamp lights then you have to stop as soon as possible and check the water level. If it's low, top it up, don't try and drive further.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Fao Tom or any1 that can help

im hopeing its a genaral fault that caused the hole in the rad because the AA bloke said if its that then the car still being under fiat warrenty would get done for free if its a stone that did it we're shitted,