FAO: Roberto, TommyK, Sven, AlfaNige, Ozric.Al or Insy

Currently reading:
FAO: Roberto, TommyK, Sven, AlfaNige, Ozric.Al or Insy

V

Von

Morning

Would like to put my HGT up for sale ASAP so need to re-join BOO.

Went to join online but at the top of the page it implies you have to have a paypal account to do so. On the club page you say you can join by either paypal or credit card, so how do I pay by credit card without getting a paypal account please, as I don't want one.

Thanks

Von

th_030-1.jpg

Hi Von,

To pay by credit card, you do it through PayPal, but you don't need a PayPal account to do that :)

When you click the Subscribe button on the BOO joining page, it takes you to a PayPal screen with a BOO banner at the top. Underneath the PayPal login fields there is a link...

"Dont have a PayPal account? Pay using your credit or debit card"

Click this link and you will be taken to a page where you can pay with your credit/debit card without signing up to PayPal.

Hope that helps :)

Regards,

Rob.

Rob
BOO Member since 2002

FIAT History: Tipo DS, Punto TDSX, Punto Sporting, Cinquecento Sporting, Seicento Sporting, Bravo HGT, Marea Weekend ELX
Now residing in the land of Ford.

No message on the page I have logged on to, read it a dozen times!

Getting really frustrated here as just want to pay you some money but don't want a b****y paypal account

Here's a picture of what you should be seeing...

http://screencast.com/t/NWQxOTM5OGYt

I've highlighted the area where the non-PayPal link is.

Rob
BOO Member since 2002

FIAT History: Tipo DS, Punto TDSX, Punto Sporting, Cinquecento Sporting, Seicento Sporting, Bravo HGT, Marea Weekend ELX

How did you get to that screen Roberto? Out of interest I followed the links too and it comes up with a screen to register with PayPal rather tha the one you posted?

How odd?

John

Thank goodness for that, thought I was going mad!

First thought was because I use Firefox as my browser so tried it on explorer, still the same.

Then tried the desktop rather than my laptop, still the same.

Have deleted cookies, changed protocols, reset to lower security, still the same.

Wonder if it's our wireless network, am giving up soon as am getting annoyed now!

th_030-1.jpg

I use Firefox too, so it won't be that. That's just the screen I get when I click that button. Maybe it's because I have a PayPal account, although I'm not signed in when I get that screen.

Your network won't have anything to do with it. To be honest, you'd be better off just setting up a PayPal account. It's free, secure and very safe. Makes online payments so much easier.

Ultimately, if you don't want to do that, you can send Wimmy a cheque :)

Regards,

Rob.

Rob
BOO Member since 2002

Defeated by a computer, alright I give in, have created a paypal account and paid my dues.

Von

th_030-1.jpg

That solves that one then.

Activated my paypal account, logged on to the subscribe screen again and got the same page as Roberto!

Seems you have to have a paypal account to choose not to pay by paypal!

What a waste of a morning, am now going to go for a drive in my new car!

Von

th_030-1.jpg