Fan Switch?? HGT 155

Currently reading:
Fan Switch?? HGT 155

K

Karl

Noticed that my fan does not kick in, so had a look at the switch its in a bad state so i defo need a new one for sure....

I tried testing the fan by bridging the wire with a small bit of speaker wire but the fan still did not start....

I have checked the big fuse in engine compartment fuse box this appears to be fine is there anything else i can do...

Is my fan motor dead???

P010810_075601.jpg

Just had a look on Shop4parts for a fan switch...

The fan switch is the thing at the bottom of the radiator that has two wires going to it?? Held in by two screws and when removed looks like a cylinder with wire coiled round it..??

Its just on shop4parts a fan switch look to me as though it is a temp sensor and i cant find the part i need.....??

P010810_075601.jpg

Right well the fan motor is fine i took a long piece of wire from the brown wire that goes to the fan switch and put that to the negative on the battery and presto the fan started up so i just need a fan switch....

Anyone know where i can get one from without going to fiat....

P010810_075601.jpg

Fiat Eper suggests that the part number is
51736774 - RESISTOR Price including taxes: 15.47 GBP

Think i'll just go FIAT

P010810_075601.jpg

fan switch

hi the fan switch your refering to is the resistor for the low speed fan if the resistor is broken low and high speed wont work there is also 2 relays one for low and one for high speeds as well as the 40a fuse i had the same problem with my 155 bravo but after a lot of testing ie the voltage coming from the computer and checking the relays etc i found i had a broken wire in the wireing loom if you have any problems contact me and i will try to help as it takes a while checking everything but i have a workshop manual i got from a fiat garage that was shutting down so any problems just email me on [email protected] hope this helps colin