F1 / Silverstone GP / Pirelli tyres

Currently reading:
F1 / Silverstone GP / Pirelli tyres

The race was fantastic, one of the most action packed i've watched in a while
but that was quite something having 4 blowouts during the race, what do you all think about it, a bad batch of tyres or that the manufacturers need more tyre testing time or even if the cuts were caused by the kerbs does it fall back to tyre reliability?

I'm sure there will be a full investigation into the matter.

Probably a combination of low pressures, hot tyres on left hand side, cutting across sharp edged kerbs, and certain characteristics of the tyre construction.
Bit too early to tell but lucky nothing worse happened.
Great race action though.
McLaren need a cull.
How can Toro Rosso, Force India,Lotus with a fraction of McLaren's budget make them look so silly?

Probably a combination of low pressures, hot tyres on left hand side, cutting across sharp edged kerbs, and certain characteristics of the tyre construction.
McLaren need a cull.
How can Toro Rosso, Force India,Lotus with a fraction of McLaren's budget make them look so silly?
Just seen this fantastic quote from Gary Anderson in response to paddoc waffle by supposedly intelligent people:
I see McLaren team principal Martin Whitmarsh has said there is a "danger" of a boycott of the German Grand Prix this weekend. This is the sort of thing I'm talking about.
The best thing Whitmarsh can do is go and hide. Silverstone was another terrible race for McLaren and it's in their interests to get the rest of the season cancelled so they stop embarrassing themselves.
What is the point in saying that? It's ridiculous.

McLaren need a cull.
Just seen this fantastic quote from Gary Anderson in response to paddoc waffle by supposedly intelligent people:
I see McLaren team principal Martin Whitmarsh has said there is a "danger" of a boycott of the German Grand Prix this weekend. This is the sort of thing I'm talking about.
The best thing Whitmarsh can do is go and hide. Silverstone was another terrible race for McLaren and it's in their interests to get the rest of the season cancelled so they stop embarrassing themselves.
What is the point in saying that? It's ridiculous.

One of my heroes Anderson. Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlet, Joe 90.....ah the hits go on. Now he's into F1 eh? Funny that, I thought he was dead.

Blo*dy hell beard!
Are you sure you weren't one of Terry's Tog's ?
Yeah but the golden age of radio is over, It died with the demise of Simon Bates and the Hairy Cornflake from Radio 1.

Come back Bob Danvers-Walker, where are you now? Actually, I think the answer to that one is gone to that great radio station in the sky.

I think Terry's show was a gem. Some of those correspondents he had were genius.
I was trying to think of the name of the "resting thespian" and his close friend "Wilton Shagpile" and Terry crying laughing as he read them.

Ah, good old Chuffer. I remember when he played for Much Snoring 1st team against the Moreton-in-the-Marsh W.I. That was a real grudge match I can tell you. Esme Support-Stockings played a stonking cover drive to clinch the game for the W. I.

Sorry, you mentioned being off-topic.....what topic was that?

Ah, good old Chuffer. I remember when he played for Much Snoring 1st team against the Moreton-in-the-Marsh W.I. That was a real grudge match I can tell you. Esme Support-Stockings played a stonking cover drive to clinch the game for the W. I.

Sorry, you mentioned being off-topic.....what topic was that?

Gary Anderson and F1 Pirelli tyres.
But Chuffer Dandridge is far more entertaining anyway.

Back