General Extremely quiet exhaust needed

Currently reading:
General Extremely quiet exhaust needed

raxon1s

Hello guys,

I own an abarth punto evo 1.4 multiair. I have heavily modified the car (more than 350hp), and the sound it does is very loud, which i dont like.
I would like to change the exhaust muffler to a very quiet one. In fact i would like it as much quiet as possible. Do you know any good silencer muffler ?
I thought to mount the stock one, but i already have a 70mm exhaust and the stock muffler is very small.

Thank you

Hello guys,

I own an abarth punto evo 1.4 multiair. I have heavily modified the car (more than 350hp), and the sound it does is very loud, which i dont like.
I would like to change the exhaust muffler to a very quiet one. In fact i would like it as much quiet as possible. Do you know any good silencer muffler ?
I thought to mount the stock one, but i already have a 70mm exhaust and the stock muffler is very small.

Thank you
Sounds a bit of an animal :).
Obviously you don't want to restrict power so a larger silencer from a higher performance vehicle with a larger diameter to slow the speed of the gas. Some noise comes outwards through the pipes, not just out the end, so a thicker metal and suitable lagging of the pipes can quieten them down. You will notice how a cast iron exhaust manifold sounds quieter than a steel four into one sports one.

Sounds a bit of an animal :).
Obviously you don't want to restrict power so a larger silencer from a higher performance vehicle with a larger diameter to slow the speed of the gas. Some noise comes outwards through the pipes, not just out the end, so a thicker metal and suitable lagging of the pipes can quieten them down. You will notice how a cast iron exhaust manifold sounds quieter than a steel four into one sports one.
As above but if you cannot find anything off the peg or even just get some advice, it might be worth a call to someone like Cybox custom exhausts. Never used them but I believe they also have a design department so hopefully you would get something suitable.

Last edited:
Back