Tuning Exhaust

Currently reading:
Tuning Exhaust

Hey guys, I'm looking to add an exhaust system into my car, or just possibly the backbox.

Can you guys link me to some good systems / back boxes?

Also would I get a nice purr from just having a backbox?

I have a ragazzon backbox for sale, stainless steel. £60 off RRP and it's as new.

Typical gains will be 2-3bhp from a good backbox on a 1.2 8v.

Hey guys, I'm looking to add an exhaust system into my car, or just possibly the backbox.

Can you guys link me to some good systems / back boxes?

Also would I get a nice purr from just having a backbox?

At the risk of sounding harsh, don't be spending too much dosh on a back box.
For starters if all you want is a decent exhaust sound, you don't have to spend much. Forget all the crap about a few horses gained because that is rubbish, even if it were true, you wouldn't notice the very small difference anyway.
Loads of back boxes on eBay, take your pick, if you want to spend three figures on a single back box:confused: well that's entirely up to you:confused:

At the risk of sounding harsh, don't be spending too much dosh on a back box.

Forget all the crap about a few horses gained because that is rubbish, even if it were true, you wouldn't notice the very small difference anyway.

Loads of back boxes on eBay, take your pick, if you want to spend three figures on a single back box:confused: well that's entirely up to you:confused:

At the risk of sounding harsh you don't know what you're talking about.

What's the problem with for example buying a universal exhaust and having it welded on?

By the time you have bought a universal exhaust £50+ then had it welded/ fitted £50+ you would have already spent over £100.

You might as well buy the one Richie has for sale for an extra £50, it is great quality, designed for the punto - probably be able to fit it yourself, you could/would see gains out of it and it would produce a much NICER sound.

Universal ones are rubbish and loud IMO, i have been warned off them

Back