exhaust help

Currently reading:
exhaust help

last night I ripped the back box off our 306 on a speed hump (combination of vicious hump and one of the supports on the back box had fell off and it was hanging low-which we didn't notice)

anyway, the car is recovered to my house, but driving it is not good as the back box is flopping about and the break in the pipe (just before back box) is causing gasses to go straight in the cabin. the car is needed on Wednesday as taking it for repair then will cost my mrs a lot in lost earnings (self employed) and wondered if any of the big lads (kwik fit, budget, etc) are open bank holidays and was worth a punt there without a wallet raping. anyone know or have any ideas?

You could just get a Holts repair bandage, if it's not completely snapped that'll at least stop the fumes getting out. Could also try a universal exhaust hangar from Halfords - my back hangar snapped recently as well and I've done about 250miles on one of those with no issues at all, the backbox does sit a little lower than I'd like but for £4 + £3 for the bandage (to repair a small gap between centre section and cat) I don't think that's too bad.

You could just get a Holts repair bandage, if it's not completely snapped that'll at least stop the fumes getting out. Could also try a universal exhaust hangar from Halfords - my back hangar snapped recently as well and I've done about 250miles on one of those with no issues at all, the backbox does sit a little lower than I'd like but for £4 + £3 for the bandage (to repair a small gap between centre section and cat) I don't think that's too bad.

it's completely snapped where the pipe joins the back box so it's new back box time. quite annoying as it all seemed in good condition, well apart from the 5mm or so around that join

Back