Erk! broken computer?

Currently reading:
Erk! broken computer?

Trying to copy a dvd in a hurry so downloaded some unknown software off limewire... both nero which said demo had expired straight away :confused: and then "1 click dvd copy 4.1" but now my cd drives arnt showing in my computer :eek: help :(

just went to control panel and found this...

Attachments

• computer problems.JPG
    computer problems.JPG
    122.7 KB · Views: 55
tried restarts, its def not a virus though, the network problems have been due to storms i think and it affecting the wireless router (step-dad had same problems, and was a anchor over it too lol)

in add hardware...

DVD rom: Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

CD/DVD Writer: Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but cannot find the hardware device. (Code 41)

then other 2 bits in question no drivers but thats prob always been like that :p

Windows should at least load generic drivers for those devices to provide limited functionality, hmmm was your PC plugged in durng the storms?

Liam

GhostWKD said:
not had any bad storms here, only bit of thunder, no power cuts yet, but yeah it was plugged in :eek:

i've just uninstalled the dvd drives in device manager, just reinstalling now :)

Hopefully that will rectify it, just mentioned the plug thing cos PC's can get fried due to power surges during storms even when they are off but plugged in.

Keep the thread updated.

Liam

GhostWKD said:
lol :p i only just thought of it and was like "alex you fool!" only downside is alex22 left already so cant borrow (if you will) his gumball dvd :cry:

you tight sod! go buy it it only cost like 15 quid from asda :D

Back