ePER on Win x64 OS woes

Currently reading:
ePER on Win x64 OS woes

is anybody successfully running a standalone copy of ePER on a windows 64bit OS?

i have only ever ran it on 32bit OS. since laptop upgrade i am unable to get it to run locally.

the local server boots and opens IE but IE only displays a blank page after completeing to load. ive tried compatibility view in IE and messed around with forcing it into '32bit mode'.

system is running Windows 10 Pro x64 fully updated from Windows Update and running the latest Java and Adobe installs/tools/browser addons. :edit: and its IE11

Last edited:
What Version of ePER.

I'm running DVD Rel.68 Date: 09/03/2012.

Windows 7, 64 Bit, IE11

Could be related to Windows 10.

Another thing to consider is Java. ePER comes with its own version of Java. I used to also have the latest version of Java installed many moons ago but got fed up with all the Java security issues / patches so I totally unistalled the later Java. This did NOT affect ePER because it uses it's own local Java. However I do not know what cross connections between the two were happening in the background.

As is it only *JAVA* :) you could try uninstalling you latest Java and see if that cures to problem. Create a restore point to go back to or just download Java again (if you want to?)

trying to run v78... tried uninstalling Java and ePER. attempted reinstall of ePER, tried to run in and out of compatibility mode in IE11, reinstalled latest Java and tried adding '127' address to java security exceptions... still no joy.

Beginning to think its a Windows 10 thing :(

Last edited:
Could be W10.

V78 ..... I want it :) must be one of the last DVD releases before the "online" and USB stick deployment. My usual out of date ePER supplier had a brain *art and binned all his DVDs when he went over to the online/USB stick setup. He did apologise to me for forgetting me.

Regarding your problem I'm not sure what else to suggest. Have you check the Windows Firewall / Your Firewall settings? The IP connection to the local Java server could be blocked. Also have a look at the Jetty directories to see if there are any log/errors files lurking.

I have the latest ePER version 84.
Couldn't get it to run on my new Windows 8.1 desktop...
Tried everything without luck.
My young wizkid neighbour managed to get it running after much effort...
I have no idea what he exactely did, though...but it took him several hours to find a sollution...

Well this is all very odd.

I say this because I had my Version 68 running happily on W7 & W8.1

Then Richy posted issues with V78 on W10. Thanks to him I download V78 gave it a spin one my W7 system. Took a little fiddling (can't remember the details) but I decided to revert to V68 for which I have a full/purchased orginal CD. (they used to be cheap). Since then despite un-installing and flushing both directories and registry my old previous V68 will only run with administrator privileges and even then it is not perfect. However my original untouched W8.1 V68 ePER installation is rock solid.

I'm not sure what changes ePERs beyond V68 made? There is also the every likelihood that ePER did nothing but MS changed stuff in Windows updates that did not affect existing program installations but affected re-installs of old ( ePER ) applications.

All very frustrating.

Last edited:
Back