Has Fiat withdrawn access to ePer Ed 84?

Currently reading:
Has Fiat withdrawn access to ePer Ed 84?

I run a Barchetta 1998 here in the UK and occasionally find the Eper service very useful. I use a version loaded from a CD and the software seems to normally access a main Fiat website. Since early Febrruary 2023 this function has stopped. Can anyone tell me how to become a current working ePer user at no cost? Thanks in advance,

My local v84 seems to be working OK still. I did do some file replacements based on some instructions I found somewhere - I'll try and find them again.
If all else fails and you need a local copy of the Barchetta parts list then there is my attempt at putting it all into one big PDF file that you can download from here:

Hi Varesecrazy - I understnan (a little) about non-reduction of odometer readings but obviously this cannot apply if the unit is replaced with new/other. Can you reference the Government Regulations or Legislation so that I may consider what my refurbishment might mean? Thanks in advance

Hi Varesecrazy - I understnan (a little) about non-reduction of odometer readings but obviously this cannot apply if the unit is replaced with new/other. Can you reference the Government Regulations or Legislation so that I may consider what my refurbishment might mean? Thanks in advance

My understanding is that the software can only RAISE the recorded mileage..

Last edited:
Also, I think I will have to give up on getting ePer to run today on my PC. I suspect that Fiat have just implemented some mainfame restrictions.
I have V.84 ePER running perfectly OK on my PC.

I suspect that you are trying to run from the CD as opposed to having installed it as a local standalone copy?

Also there are soem file that you need to modify to overcome the date restriction when running local. I'm surprised your version ran at all if you haven't made these changes and installed locally before. My versions of ePER always timed out unless you change the date and time on your PC. OR used a utility (such as Nirsoft runasdate) to feed a specfic date to an application.

Once upon a time it was legal to reset to Zero miles as used by some motorcycle restorers with a totally rebuild engine. It is not legal to reduce the mileage. If you are concidering the ramification on value or insurance all you have to do is photograph (date stamped) the odometer of donor and receipient (together if possible). This has been accepted by an insurance company on valuation of a write off. This is also done for imported vehicles on km then converted to miles in UK.(using a chip)

Back