500 Enter code....Radio

Currently reading:
500 Enter code....Radio

Just purchased 2009 Fiat 500 and advised that the battery was changed a few weeks ago, but the "Enter Code" is flashing and I dont have the card with the number within the car pack and neither does the previous owner. Can anyone help?

Just purchased 2009 Fiat 500 and advised that the battery was changed a few weeks ago, but the "Enter Code" is flashing and I dont have the card with the number within the car pack and neither does the previous owner. Can anyone help?
Hi, Welcome to the forum.

If you post all the numbers from the back and sides of the radio, I may be able to get the code for you. Don't post photographs of the radio,.

Hi, I cant see the code? All its asking me to do is donate but how do i know if this is not a scam as there is no code provided for me to see if it works.
Had you taken the trouble to read some of my previous posts, you would have seen that over the last 15 years, I have provided hundreds of correct radio codes to forum members. During that time, you are the first person ever to have suggested that it may be a scam.

There are other websites that offer radio codes. I suggest you try one of them.
Here for example: https://fiat.radio.codes/

how do i know if this is not a scam
I'm thinking you might indeed have been scammed - by the person who sold you the car.

On a 500, the radio code of the original factory fit radio is also stored in non-volatile memory in the body computer and is NOT needed even if all power to the radio is lost. There is no requirement to enter any code after changing the battery.

If the radio is asking for a code and the seller is telling you that the reason is because of a battery change, all is not as it should be.

On a 500, the radio code of the original factory fit radio is also stored in non-volatile memory in the body computer and is NOT needed even if all power to the radio is lost. There is no requirement to enter any code after changing the battey

I suspect a lot of radios were swapped or fitted at the main dealer and not coded to car

Judging by the amount of people across multi forums asking for the code

Is always worth looking around carefully for the code. Glovebox, sun visor, service book and so on.

Our car asked for the radio code out of the blue a few years ago, a month later the battery died, fortunately even though it was 6 years old( when we took ownership ) the car came with the handbook, radio code and spare key when we bought it, so it is possible for the car to request the code randomly( that said I didn't try disconnecting the battery as I had the code)

Had you taken the trouble to read some of my previous posts, you would have seen that over the last 15 years, I have provided hundreds of correct radio codes to forum members. During that time, you are the first person ever to have suggested that it may be a scam.

There are other websites that offer radio codes. I suggest you try one of them.
Here for example: https://fiat.radio.codes/
Im not familiar with this as only just joined this forum as a new member. I apologise. I have made a donation now. I didnt read all the previous as like I daid, im new to this.

Back