Technical Enough is Enough

Currently reading:
Technical Enough is Enough

Rios

That it! Have had enough of this stupid car. Just one thing after another. Go out to start it yesterday evening. Electrics come on as normal, turn the key further to start it and.... nothing. Electrics go, doesnt even turn over. Then no electrics at all, nothing. Tried it again this morning. Electrics come back on, but exactly the same thing happens.

I've never know a car with such low mileage (46k M Reg) have so many problems. So if anyone can shed any light on it I would be really greatful. Then its off to the motor auction I think, I really don't have it in me to rip someone off by selling it private, although I'm a bit pig sick that I'm gonna lose a hell of a lot of money. I'm sure someone who knows what their doing will make a good go with this car but as I know nothing, then I'd rather catch the bus.

[:(!]

Sounds like the engine earth strap has gone, it's between the gearbox and the passenger side wing. Don't worry, it's cheap to fix, and what other car can give you so many smiles per mile ? A micra wouldn't break down but they are just so dull to drive.

Cheer up!!

Pete.
Cinq sporting 1242cc
http://mysite.freeserve.com/close_to_cracking_up/

Cheers will investigate that. Have calmed down a bit since I wrote my original post!

You are right in what you say but I've had nothing but problems with it. On the surface it looks like a totally mint car. Low mileage, perfect bodywork, great mpg, etc. But theres only so many times you can accept problems surely? I've had a Carina, Corolla and an MR2 MK1. None of them gave me any problems and one of them was even good to drive! ;)

Don't suppose anyone here wants to buy it? It'll be going to auction anyway so no offer will be considered too cheeky! Obviously, like I said in previous post I'll only sell it to someone who knows what they're doing as I dont want to foist my problem onto some other unsuspecting novice.

Back