General Engine undertray

Currently reading:
General Engine undertray

jay1464

Hi

Noticed this morning that the rear of what I would describe as the engine undertray was hanging down. Upon closer inspection the Screws that hold it onto a metal bar that stretches the width of the engine bay had corroded and sheered off. My father in law helped me re attach it to the metal bar using some garden fencing wire. Has anyone else had the same problem? It's an 08 plate tjet 150.

These looked dicey when i took them out to do my 1st service, i keep forgetting to replace them with something with more balls, so yeah just waiting for the under tray to drop any day :(

No problems with the screws but I have snapped the bar! I'm sure some new replacements shouldn't be too difficult to find.

Yup,had the same problem.Also there are another two further down the body,each side of the car.(cover/moulding)I lost the left one when we had the snow/ice in Feb.Fiat wanted £200 for a new one!!Trying to source from a Breakers as they protect the break pipes.

Hello,
I've had a problem with the undertray....
I was getting a banging sound from the car when I reached a certain speed,, ahhem lol but anyways, I got it jacked up at local garage only to find out it was that undertray that came loose, because the bolts had snapped or sheared off, a couple of strong electric ties on each side and hey presto! no noise at the aforementioned 'legal' speeds lol

Back