Currently reading:
Tuning Engine swap

Seal2145

Hello comrades,

I have interesting questions, first is it possible to use the Abarth 595 mods (such as intake, hoses, intercooler mod, etc etc etc) for the tipo 1.4 t-jet I mean it's the same engine (it has different camshaft I know) but will all the mods you know... fit? (The originally based Abarth t-jet engine mods).

If it's not possible to for example use the intercooler, intake and many other mods made for Abarth 595. Would it make sense to just engine swap from Abarth and then install the mods?

I'm asking because I'm considering which one to get. I'd mod both and there doesn't seem to be nearly any mods for the Tipo t-jet but billions of mods for the Abarth. So I'm just confused if the engine in tipo uses different hoses, differently located turbo and etc... or are the parts compatible from the 595 the same way it would be for 595?

Cheers and a nice weekend comrades.

In theory its possible, the basic engine is the same FIRE unit.
The intercoolers are probably the biggest problem, the positioning is unique the Abarth to fit, its why the Abarth has a longer nose/bumper than the regular 500.
The Tipo is on the Punto/Mito/Corsa platform, so you may find it easier to fit Punto Abarth engine parts, or Mito, which would be able to get hold of.

In theory its possible, the basic engine is the same FIRE unit.
The intercoolers are probably the biggest problem, the positioning is unique the Abarth to fit, its why the Abarth has a longer nose/bumper than the regular 500.
The Tipo is on the Punto/Mito/Corsa platform, so you may find it easier to fit Punto Abarth engine parts, or Mito, which would be able to get hold of.
Thanks a lot! I'm currently weighing pros and cons of each car. I'm just scared when it comes to parts availability for the tipo because the production ended like 2 or 3 years ago? Will I be able to find parts 10 or 20 years into the future? (I don't mean engine parts that's obviously a yes) parts like cv axles, struts, shocks is what I worry about the most...

Back