Technical Engine revving at idle

Currently reading:
Technical Engine revving at idle

matevzp

Hello, this is my first post and I need help :D. I have a 1.2 8V punto which was sitting for the whole winter with a bent head. I straightened it and put the engine back together and when I would start the car it would rev straight up to 5k rpm and then after a second cycle between 2k and 3k. If I start it without a MAP sensor it starts normal but feels a bit harsh (I think its just because I forgot how it feels so no worries). Also, almost every time I put the ignition on to check codes with an OBD scanner I get electrocuted when I turn off the ignition and touch the frame.

The car was unused because I crashed it into a ditch with the left front end, the coolant leaked and the engine overheated. (just for additional info if it helps)

OBD scanner says I have codes:
P1325, P0105, P0120, P0110, P0505

1. Why am I getting electrocuted
2. Why does it rev but work normally without the sensor
Thank you in advance!

Hello, this is my first post and I need help :D. I have a 1.2 8V punto which was sitting for the whole winter with a bent head. I straightened it and put the engine back together and when I would start the car it would rev straight up to 5k rpm and then after a second cycle between 2k and 3k. If I start it without a MAP sensor it starts normal but feels a bit harsh (I think its just because I forgot how it feels so no worries). Also, almost every time I put the ignition on to check codes with an OBD scanner I get electrocuted when I turn off the ignition and touch the frame.

The car was unused because I crashed it into a ditch with the left front end, the coolant leaked and the engine overheated. (just for additional info if it helps)

OBD scanner says I have codes:
P1325, P0105, P0120, P0110, P0505

1. Why am I getting electrocuted
2. Why does it rev but work normally without the sensor
Thank you in advance!
Take your throttle body off and spray a butt load of brake cleaner down the idle control valve hole, right until it runs clear. That should help it. If not then it can also be the injectors because they've given me similar problems. But again start simple with the idle control valve first. As for the codes I don't have a database with me at the moment

I cleaned the sensor and still the same problem. Starts and revs to 5k then idles switching from 2k to 3k revs. When I unplug the MAP sensor it starts and idles at 700 but runs very rough!

SOLVED: when the engine overheated it bent the plastic intake manifold so i sanded it down, reinstalled the metal rings and bolted it straight on!

Back