Technical engine replacement

Currently reading:
Technical engine replacement

helectrical

hi i have a 2010 doblo multi jet 1.3 diesel 90 bhp twin cam and need an engine replacment...what is the cheapest engine i can fit...NEED MY VAN>>>URGENT!!

Hi Many thanks for the reply but can you tell me how much for a second hand unit and best place to get one

Whos doing the work?

You can buy a crashed car or van..
Mot failure grande ..or panda probably cheapest.. then you can run the thing.. ;)

You appear to have been looking for 3 weeks
The same ebay sellers are still there
Its generally £400 delivered

But there are cheaper options..
My old mj got sold with a months MOT for £405.. good engine FSH

If you are paying for an installation you want to guarantee 10,000 trouble free miles.. or your labour costs are pointless

Used in lots of Fiats, and Corsa and Corsa van/combo. So plenty used around, just need to ensure you get the 90hp.
Good idea to replace timing chain on replacement engine before fitting it into the car.

Here's a question I've been dying to ask.

Whilst it's the same engine, does any of those donor vehicles have a cheaper road tax?
If so, would you be able to apply for a reduction in your annual fee?

Here's a question I've been dying to ask.

Whilst it's the same engine, does any of those donor vehicles have a cheaper road tax?
If so, would you be able to apply for a reduction in your annual fee?

Unlikely.. it has to be done at 1st registation..:(

When there was a dual fuel VED cut..

Vauxhall made LPG an option.. was @
£60..Against the standard @£140 IIRC

Retrofitting LPG wouldnt reduce your VED :eek:

Years ago.. I owned 1301cc FIATS..when VED was
'Up to 1300cc.. or above 1300cc'
(Later shifted to 1500cc)

I wondered how much 'proof'you would need to get to 1299cc and save @£40 a year..?
I didnt pursue this (despite changing headgaskets..)

A decade later I owned a new 400cc motorbike.. called a TE410

Shop put it on road.. all fine
A year later 'tax' was due..

HOW MUCH..!! :(

VED brackets were
100cc,225cc,400cc...and on

Its stated displacement was 410cc ..DVLA figure.. actual displacement 398cc ;)

I just filled in the 'changes' section of
V5C
It was changed without question..!! :)

Saved me @£40... next year Gov't LOWERED the fees on all bike VED..

Happy days!! :)

Unlikely.. it has to be done at 1st registation..:(

When there was a dual fuel VED cut..

Vauxhall made LPG an option.. was @
£60..Against the standard @£140 IIRC

Retrofitting LPG wouldnt reduce your VED :eek:

Seems a bit mean - especially if you could then show proof of lower emissions from the MOT. After all, that IS the whole point of a VED?

Years ago.. I owned 1301cc FIATS..when VED was
'Up to 1300cc.. or above 1300cc'
(Later shifted to 1500cc)
I had a similar problem over insurance when I owned a PUG pickup. It was listed as a 2.3 diesel, insurer suddenly (at renewal) wanted to know the precise cc since 2300 and lower was group 9 and over was 18 - Sod's law had it that mine was 2304 so my insurance premium would double.

Happy days!! :)
So, our lords and masters would rather we scrap our old but roadworthy cars & invest in new?
And when the oil finally runs out & they suddenly discover some new power source, no doubt it'll be the same story - sorry, we can't retrofit this (little box the size of a small battery) into your boot, you will need to scrap your 3 year old car & buy one our new cars.

So, our lords and masters would rather we scrap our old but roadworthy cars & invest in new?
And when the oil finally runs out & they suddenly discover some new power source, no doubt it'll be the same story - sorry, we can't retrofit this (little box the size of a small battery) into your boot, you will need to scrap your 3 year old car & buy one our new cars.

So cynical.. so true ;)

Back