Technical Engine Oil - Fiat 500 Sport (2015)

Currently reading:
Technical Engine Oil - Fiat 500 Sport (2015)

Depends, you can buy quite expensive oil that will give "slightly " better performance it's personal choice any oil of the right spec should be fine, unless you drivec the life out of the car then even budget oil will be OK, I've never had an issue with say ECP triple qx brand which is usually cheap, over the last 22 years in our car, the important thing is change it every year regardless with the filter, rev the guts out of the car on a regular basis then change every 6 months.
If however its a twin air engine oil spec is extremely important

Any half-decent 10/40weight semi-synthetic should be fine! look for a good api such as sn/ch or acea a3/b4.
If you are doing your own servicing buy online a 20ltr drum it is much much cheaper than buying in 1 or5 ltr quantitys
I would ignore the recommended ! service interval of 10.000 miles!.
Its a small engine often worked hard so to look after it and promote reliability! I ALWAYS halve that and do it 5.000 miles using a known quality oil filter such as Bosch or Mahle !
about 40 years ago an old mechanic told me that "oil and a filter is cheap!" pistons and labour rates are expensive!
sound advice i have never forgotten!.

should have also said that if you do a lower mileage and a lot of short trips then ever six months regardless of your mileage is sound practice !
agree with the comments about the twin air engine in these YOU MUST USE THE CORRECT SPEC OIL which is usually more expensive or you are courting disaster!

Back