Technical Engine light staying on

Currently reading:
Technical Engine light staying on

Hi, can anyone help with this problem on my Grande Punto 1.2petrol 07 plate. Just over 18 months ago i replaced the oil breather pipe, last week i was doing routine maintenance under the bonnet, when i decided to check the breather pipe and air filter. The pipe was ok but clogged with yellow sludge (horrible), anyhow i cleaned the pipe and the air filter pipes (where the breather pipes go into the air filter) Reassembled, everything seemed ok, then 3 days later the 'Check engine' light came on. So i disassembled again, and the pipes were again full of yellow sludge, in the space of a week the pipes got clogged with sludge. Cleaned it all over again, but the 'Check engine' light remains on. I am going to check it again this weekend. The coolant and oil levels are ok, no leaks or 'mayonnaisse' on the dipstick or oil filler cap and no strange sounds or noises when the engine is running.

How can this pipe (From the rocker cover to air filter get clogged in a week?) Could there be an other problem elsewhere? Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

Thanks Juggers2k. The owners manual says its an OEBD engine control system failure, like you say, might be 2 completely different faults. Probably need to get it diagnosed for the engine light staying on. But the sludge build up is a bit worrying, should not clog up in a week.

Back