Technical Engine Help

Currently reading:
Technical Engine Help

DobloMultijet

Hi all, I have a 2012 Doblo 1.3 Diesel engine code 263a2000 and i need a replacement engine but i am stuggling to find one that isnt £1200+. Are there any alternatives to this engine that would be a straight forward enough swap? Thanks

Hi all, I have a 2012 Doblo 1.3 Diesel engine code 263a2000 and i need a replacement engine but i am stuggling to find one that isnt £1200+. Are there any alternatives to this engine that would be a straight forward enough swap? Thanks
Have you checked any Vauxhall versions as they are badge engineered I believe.

Thanks for reply, Yes you are right same engine code as Combo but they are the same prices to buy. Was wondering if there are any different engines that could suit/ more affordable alternatives

Big end bearing has gone 🥴 Would be cheaper i think to just get a new engine as a lot of labour involved in replacing it

Big end bearing has gone 🥴 Would be cheaper i think to just get a new engine as a lot of labour involved in replacing it
No local auctions or scrapyards?
In the old days engine rebuilds were a good option, but more involved now so higher labour costs etc. plus with all the rubber gaskets, seals and one use stretch bolts, even if able to do it, the materials are not cheap.:(

A regular on here had a chain failure

Bought a 'low miles motor' that was junk

2 lots of fitting labour meant they had their original rebuilt.. so good for another 120k

Not cheap.. but an investment

Obviously if you are fitting it yourself...its just Time..and the risks of incompatible components

Ive tried everywhere everyday for 2 weeks no luck on finding one except ebay and they are £1200. So searching for an alternative that would suit at better cost

I think you are asking can you simply fit a different engine to your vehicle cheaply......

The answer is no.

The engine is one part of a complex network of parts.

Back