Engine help... anyone mechanically minded

Currently reading:
Engine help... anyone mechanically minded

I

Irishbravo

OK as per my previous post engine has gone bang... Located another one.. tested with warrenty and 21k on the clock for 250 quid. So far so good..

Right Now the next problem no mechanic in my area is willing to touch fiats anymore. and the fiat garage will only do it if i but parts from them so thats out of the question.

Now I have on a couple of occasions had to change an engine myself howeever this was on a r5 gtt... Pretty simple procedure.

I need as much help as possible on this one. Myself and my dad are gonna do the bravo engine.. its a like for like swap and hey i ain;t got much to lose.

soooo.. Guys and gals and of course the main man tom... where do i start what spechalist tools if any are needed... Obviously step by step would be too much but just need to know where to start and what to watch out for. Any information/ advice would be greatly appricated.
Email is [email protected].. add to mesenger or email.

Buy a Haynes manual for a start
and i always find taking pics with the digital camera helps when it comes to putting things back.
You can look at the pic and see what should go where.

Yes I had though of the camera thing.. That was top of the list..

Do they do a hayes manual for the mk2 bravo?

Since you don't own a 1.8 or a JTD then yeah the haynes will be ok for ya 1.2

Ok thats good.. Haynes maunal is going to be purchased..

now maybe a question for tom or anyone else in the know..

start point of removing engine?

Personally, i'd remove the bonnet, airfilter and pipes then i'd disconnect all electrics, exhaust from manifold, fuel pipes etc from the engine, then support engine, unbolt engine mounts etc etc etc.

OK so far my plan is right lol.. WIll the immobliser still work with new engine.. I'm thinking not.. Also do i take the engine out with or without gearbox?

If it's just the mechanicals your changing and not the ECU or any other coded items then your immobliser will be fine.

The immobilisor should still work as its part of the ECU.

Maybe it'll be easier to remove the radiator and front bumper aswell to make fitting engine easier.

I'd probably take it out with the g/box, maybe Tom will be around soon to give you a proper reply. Also afew people on here have had engine swaps like Ribbz.

Thanks guys ur all being a great help.... And I am going to be annoying u all for the next few weeks... So I hope u don;t mind...

And because of this help the least I can do is become a bonified boo member and support the cause. So that will be the next step.. can't wait to get the project underway. gonna strip out interior too well the mrs is and give it a damn good and well needed clean.. And hopefully before xmas my abby wil be back on the road.

I will be here asking stupid questions. I had planned to take the bumber lights and rad out anyway.. For handiness and I got a set of marea lights to go into her.

Whats the story when swapping the gearbox and clutch over.. Pretty straight forward? if anyone out there whos in the know has msn that would be agreat help for when i start.