Technical Engine fault

Currently reading:
Technical Engine fault

panda paul

Got a problem with a 2009 Panda 1100 engine continues to run for a few seconds after key switch off car holding back while being driven anybody got any ideas

start with getting the codes from the ECU. For now my suggestion is a bad ground somewhere.

Does the engine sound the same when it's running with the key off?
When the ignition is turned off the car continues reving then whole car judders and shakes as the engine stalls itself to stop

if you switch the engine on

then switch the main beam on

when you switch the engine off. Is there a delay before the main beam warning light goes off on the dash ?

does the rev gauge drop as the key is switched off or show the revs until the engine stops

try swapping relay T09 near the battery for one of the others

make sure water hasn't entered the fuse box in the engine bay

Last edited:
With the fuel injection being electronically controlled, as soon as the key is turned off, it should kill the injectors. The questions asked by Koalar are to determine if the key switch is still 'on', or if the ECU or a relay is keeping the connection.

How does the ignition switch feel in use? Is it a nice firm action between clicks? Does it stay firmly at each position, or is it loose? When this issue occurs, have you tried wriggling the key a little to see if that kills the engine?
Do you have lots of 'stuff' dangling from the ignition key? Many people do, and the weight can cause rapid wear to the lock. Ideally, there should be the ignition key, and a keyring/fob only. Adding one key such as front door, or a token for the supermarket trolley should be OK, but avoid adding more.

I use a small carabena on my key ring that I clip the car key on to. To make life easier, the car key has its own key ring.

If the lock is worn out you can get new lock. That might mean you need a different key blade but the old fob will work as normal. Others can explain better than how that can be done.

Back