Technical Engine diagram

Currently reading:
Technical Engine diagram

Pastyman

Hi l have a old 1.9td motor home and enquiring if any one has a diagram of the engine and engine bay layout so l can quickly identify certain components. From the front there is 2 plastic large pipes just wandering what exactly they are for ? Regards Ken

Don't have a photo , but sounds like turbo intercooler pipes maybe, are they connected to a radiator type unit and the pipes one end go to the intake manifold of the engine and the other end from the turbo on the exhaust manifold end?
Can you take a photo of it?

Don't have a photo , but sounds like turbo intercooler pipes maybe, are they connected to a radiator type unit and the pipes one end go to the intake manifold of the engine and the other end from the turbo on the exhaust manifold end?
I will take a photo and upload for you. Its heavy rain at the moment so hopefully this afternoon it will be ok. Thanks

Attachments

• 20230818_171234.jpg
    20230818_171234.jpg
    877.3 KB · Views: 42
  • 20230818_171600.jpg
    20230818_171600.jpg
    994.9 KB · Views: 41
Bottom photo is the the 2 pipes l had to remove the rubber hoses to repair the fuel rubber pipes. I could have swopped them around and connected up wrong. Seems like one of large rubber pipes has oil spray on it . Should have marked them like l normally do.

Bottom photo is the the 2 pipes l had to remove the rubber hoses to repair the fuel rubber pipes. I could have swopped them around and connected up wrong. Seems like one of large rubber pipes has oil spray on it . Should have marked them like l normally do.
If it is the two soft rubber hoses approx 40mm diameter that are securely fixed with jubilee clips and are clearly not radiator water hoses then it sounds like the turbo hoses.
If one comes off with engine running, performance will drop right off and with bonnet up you would feel air blowing out of one.
Re oil spray? If it is inside the hose going towards the engine inlet manifold , it can indicate worn turbo bearings causing the oil that lubricates the turbo under pressure to leak into the inlet side. However if only a little oil and on an older high mileage engine I would just keep an eye on it.
If the oil was on the outside, could it be diesel from the fuel pipes you were repairing?
Unlikely to be able to fit the hoses wrong way around due to different lengths etc. and usually on inspection , it would look wrong.:)

If it is the two soft rubber hoses approx 40mm diameter that are securely fixed with jubilee clips and are clearly not radiator water hoses then it sounds like the turbo hoses.
If one comes off with engine running, performance will drop right off and with bonnet up you would feel air blowing out of one.
Re oil spray? If it is inside the hose going towards the engine inlet manifold , it can indicate worn turbo bearings causing the oil that lubricates the turbo under pressure to leak into the inlet side. However if only a little oil and on an older high mileage engine I would just keep an eye on it.
If the oil was on the outside, could it be diesel from the fuel pipes you were repairing?
Unlikely to be able to fit the hoses wrong way around due to different lengths etc. and usually on inspection , it would look wrong.:)
Thanks for your excellent response. I thought they belonged to the turbo . Rain again will have a look tomorrow. Cheers Ken

Back