General engine coolant

Currently reading:
General engine coolant

motornut

mk2 1.2 16v punto what make of antifreeze do you use and how often do you change it:)
thanks in advance for any replies(y)

Paraflu up (ultra protection), from fiat dealer. never changed only topped up. My car is 1.2 8v, but 16v uses same coolant

Paraflu up (ultra protection), from fiat dealer. never changed only topped up. My car is 1.2 8v, but 16v uses same coolant

agreed. But all fiats use the same coolant If I remember rightly...

BUT

Be warned, there is a new type of paraflu doing the rounds. If you've got blue coolant in your car at the moment, you have the old stuff in there..DO NOT I repeat DO NOT ever ever fcuking EVER mix it with the new (red) stuff..they are both completely incompatible chemicals..You will have to get the coolant system drained and flushed out completely before you put the new stuff in..
And so you know, I have no idea why they ditched the old stuff...it worked perfectly as far as I know!

mines got red coolant

good for you. So just use the red stuff and you'll be fine.. What?!?! you mixed them?!?!? lol :)

now I have the headache of dropping my coolant, disposing of it, flushing the system out and getting the new stuff in there :slayer:

bleh, I'll just get my mate in the REME to do it for a crate of beer :p

Last edited:
no, its always had red coolant in, the dealer asked me what colour was in before he sold me the coolant

thanks guys(y) so I take it any universal coolant is no good and its a trip to fiat then :rolleyes:

What:eek:. You need to change it as the inners will rust away otherwise(y) (and remember it is a Fiat, so rust loves them:p)

agreed. But all fiats use the same coolant If I remember rightly...

BUT

Be warned, there is a new type of paraflu doing the rounds. If you've got blue coolant in your car at the moment, you have the old stuff in there..DO NOT I repeat DO NOT ever ever fcuking EVER mix it with the new (red) stuff..they are both completely incompatible chemicals..You will have to get the coolant system drained and flushed out completely before you put the new stuff in..
And so you know, I have no idea why they ditched the old stuff...it worked perfectly as far as I know!

:yeahthat: Cos it will turn to jelly and compleatly feck the system(y)

Jon.

thanx just out of interest how much am I likely to pay for two litres:confused:

thank you dont know what you mean by the thanks button:confused: I take it that isnt paraflu you get from halfords is it their own brand and is that ok to use:)

thank you dont know what you mean by the thanks button:confused: I take it that isnt paraflu you get from halfords is it their own brand and is that ok to use:)

Yea, they're own brand stuff.

The Thank You button is Thumb button at the bottom right of every quote (is only visable when your logged in), press this and it goes onto the persons thanks counter(y), It also says on the post, that they've been thanked.

Jon.

Back