General Engine Conversion for MPI Seicento Sporting

Currently reading:
General Engine Conversion for MPI Seicento Sporting

I have a mpi seicento sporting 2001 and wondered if any engine conversions have been tried, I know all those with spi cars, the popular 1242 upgrade seems easy to do and popular are there any such conversions for an mpi as no one has tried one much yet! Could a punto 60 or 75 enigne be tried successfully? Any thoughts gratefully appreciated! Cheers JR

engine mounts are same and ecu is compatible.

question would be if the 1108 mpi head pattern is the same as the 1242 head pattern (ie if your 1108 manifolds would fit the 1242), if they are, it'll be a straight swap (y)

"Engine itself will bolt straight onto the engine mounts.

The fun begins with trying to use your injection rail with the Punto engine or trying to get the Sei ECU to work the Punto Engine.

The MPI cars don't like the engine change much, but it can and has been done.

Not sure how much of the loom changed between the Punto and Sei, but I believe that if you get a Mk2 Punto spec engine then you should be ok."

"ok, the whole of the inlet manifold on an MPI Sei will fit the 75 engine - so all you need is the engine and a slightly lengthened exhaust (I believe)"

courtesy of my-sei forum - http://oldy.3rror.com/forum/index.php

i think the owner of the site also posts on here, TBSei i think

Found Plenty of P75's however they are all very high mileage soo iv been looking for a nice low mileage one.... might be looking for a while lol

The reason i was going for a 1.2 is i thought it was a "Bolt" in type change

I was planning to run it on my existing ECU

Would consider others but i want a fairly straight forward type job

Back