General Engine compartment relay diagram (cornering light issue)

Currently reading:
General Engine compartment relay diagram (cornering light issue)

Detroitdiesel

Recently I've been having the intermittent issue that my left cornering light tends to stay on after parking the car, even with the wheels straight and car locked. googling this it seems the likely culprit is a faulty/sticky relay. Now the owners manual has a great explanation of which fuses do what so I can just temporarily pull fuse 30 in the engine compartment if I have to. However the relay functions are not described in the manual and I cannot seem to find them anywhere on the internet.
Does anyone have a diagram for the relays or knows which one is the cornering light relay?

nxj2Twf.jpg

Jg9DFks.jpg

Hi

Andy has replied at length over the years about 'our age' puntos having a 3rd fusebox..in the boot

I saw my 'access hatch' yesterday while replacing the spare wheel..

Its a 'square door' in the boot liner.. under lh tail lamp... just up from the floor level of the boot

Apparently a lot of the Extras.. added after the Grande spec .. are powered by this add.on

Ive had no need to look..

But a search will find LOTS of info

Charlie

Last edited:
I honestly can’t really answer the question on the location of the relays, fist did a bit of a hack job to make this work, they used the normal fog light set up and spliced in some other relays separate to everything else. On my 1.6 diesel the engine bay is very crowded so finding stuff like relays is not easy, my passenger side cornering lamp relay was hanging down not attached to anything between pipe work in front of the battery, I have yet to find the drivers side but I suspect it to be somewhere just behind the headlight, it’s pretty large and had a water ingress skirt around it, later on I’ll see if I have a picture of it to help you locate it but these relays are not in any fuse box, as stated it seems fiat hacked cornering lights in as an after thought

Oh that does not sound too promising. If it can be found somewhere flopping in the breeze it is no wonder that the relay has failed :s
Thank you both for your reply, I'll keep you posted on any updates.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back