Technical Engine change

Currently reading:
Technical Engine change

shaun

Established member
Hi my friend has been offered a 51 reg 1.6sx with the engine siezed for £650 is it a good buy, if so will a w reg 1.6 engine be the same. if not will a bravo brava or marea engine fit.
Thanks shaun

Cheers dave i was hoping maybe the bravo route would be a bit cheaper than trying to find a multipla engine, there is one on ebay at the moment on £400

shaun said:
Hi my friend has been offered a 51 reg 1.6sx with the engine siezed for £650 is it a good buy, if so will a w reg 1.6 engine be the same. if not will a bravo brava or marea engine fit.
Thanks shaun

Thats the bargain of the year, I would buy that straight away.

Even if you stripped it you would make money as there arn't many in the breakers yards.
As for the engine from a Bravo i am not sure either sorry

Thanks so run, sounds i good deal to me i think the 1.6 engine has not changed just the diesel engines they have upgraded

Thanks so run i will try,the problem is if it is slightly different what with engine management systems and alike he could buy a engine which he could be stuck with.Thing is he is not sure about the car and he has offered it to me.I have a marea weekend at the moment and trying to sell that will be a big problem this time of year

I am doing exactly the same thing at the moment. Its a 2000 Multipla with exactly the same problem.
Luckily i jumped in last week and got a brava engine of ebay for just over £100 last week.

The engines look identical and you already have all the electrical bits off the multipla anyway. I should have it fitted by the end of the week so will let you know.

The engine change is done now. And it works well.

The Bravo 1.6 engine is very similar, the bits that needed changing were the dipstick, a few sensors and the thermostat housing/hoses. The dipstick and sensors could be down to the age of the basic engine though, i think the engine I used was older than the one removed.

It probably took about a day and a half to swap it. To make like easier I took the whole bumper off and the hubs out, this meant the engine could be assembled and put in whole.

All I need now are some trim parts to tidy up the rest of the car.

Back